By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 eye ful body motion controls - weren't they already used?

peachbuggy said:
I think there is going to be loads of hypocrisy this e3 from Sony and Microsoft fans.

there already is :p

@nen-suer

Yeah. And you can see it's running in real time too.. i wonder why sony never stepped up with the pseye.. but i really think it's all about the userbase of the camera. If they'd only shipped it along with the ps3..

Anyways they can do that with the ps4... and to really hit the sweet spot. I think (hope) they'll go 3d :p

If they announced 3d at this conference btw.. = instant win.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Would be nice to announce release dates for a few games and time frames for half a dozen others.

Ps3 eye toy is mostly a camera, like the one of the Dsi in WarioWare game

project nadal is 3d motion control (forward and backward movements if it helps), not that it makes huge difference anyway, but voice recognition (vista has one that no-ones uses) and mostly face recognition is something new

btw, face recognition is not special at all, it's just to emphasize the "no controller" concept, i mean it's not hard, on Wii for example to choose your Mii

basically the whole thing is the detection of forward/backward body movement, something that the Wii-remote has, but this is full body and no-controller

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

^the ps eye has facial recognision too..

Check out my game about moles ^

Sardauk said:
Staude said:
PullusPardus said:
Sardauk said:
ithis said:

Doesn't the PS3's Eye already use some form of body control in those interactive art/tech demo things from last year or more?

I don't onw any so I don't know, just asking? Because I seam to remember something like that.

Project Natal is more than a camera...voice recognition, facial recognition... etc...

the PS Eye, does have a Mic and can track faces , so it wont be a big of a deal if they released the software for it.

exacly. Sony just aren't because there simply aren't that many people who has one.. unfortunately. Should ship it with each ps4.

I hardly believe that a" PS Eye with a patch" (how funny) can challenge Project Natal.

it doesnt need a patch, i said Software as in games.

Sony is ignoring it alot. but thanks to MS they will go back to it now xD