By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am disappointed in Alan Wake

No 2009 release.

Limited gameplay footage shown.

Average graphics.

meh. I was expecting a lot more considering how much the internet fanboys hyped it up. Ah well. I'll probably still pick it up.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Is this thread necessary?

I was very impressed with the trailer, and they showed a very sufficient amount of gameplay considering the nature of a press conference (I'm hoping we get some walkthroughs throughout the week of course).

Troll Troll Troll some more, gently down the stream

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

More gameplay was shown of Splinter Cell.

Considering how long Alan Wake has been in development...i expected a lot more.

Also disappointed there weren't any RARE games shown after weeks of 360 owners saying "wait for E3. Rare will show something for sure"

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

darklich13 said:
Troll Troll Troll some more, gently down the stream

As a 360 owner and supporter, am I not allowed an opinion?

YOU are the one trolling me.

Around the Network

The game was graphically stunning.

It is not surprising you were unimpressed. As one of our site's most ingrained Sony fanboys, you have to lay the ground work for an unjustified attack on Microsoft's E3 credentials because in all likelihood Sony will be unable to trump them.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Because all of your comments are negative, and I can read through your sarcasm

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

infamous8 said:
More gameplay was shown of Splinter Cell.

Considering how long Alan Wake has been in development...i expected a lot more.

Also disappointed there weren't any RARE games shown after weeks of 360 owners saying "wait for E3. Rare will show something for sure"

Don't know where it comes from but there was talk this morning of confirmation from Rare that they still have games to show this E3.  MS might be holding it back to try and steal some of Sony's press conference thunder.

Graphics looked great and the gameplay looked quite fun. BTW SP: Conviction will be out this Fall 09 and Alan Wake is set for Spring 10 so why wouldn't they show more footage of SP: Conviction.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Yeah average graphics. The red-light stuff was unseen before. That looked sweet.

And as you mentioned, this is a (early) 2010 game. Why should MS spent more time on this than on other games that are about to be released this year?!

And what has Rare to do with it? Rare is still a great developer and MS delivered a great conference even without them. That does not mean, they are not workng on something. We will get our Rare games in the future.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...