By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would it take for you die hard Sony fans to switch over to Microsoft?

The only thing that really distinguishes the PS3 and the 360 is a few exclusives that are actually worth playing.

I can think of about 5 PS3 exclusives I want to play (primarily shooters) but I'm not going to spend $400 (plus tax!!!) just so I can play them. Although I will definitely pick up a PS3 when the console is sold for $99.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:

EDIT:  Oh, and none of the XBox360's come with an optical out on the system.  If you want to use HDMI and optical out, you have to pay for an adapter (using the optical out on the HD cables blocks the HDMI port).

My last 360 somehow had optical out and it would be silly for these to have optical since they were made for the 360.

twesterm said:
bobobologna said:

EDIT:  Oh, and none of the XBox360's come with an optical out on the system.  If you want to use HDMI and optical out, you have to pay for an adapter (using the optical out on the HD cables blocks the HDMI port).

My last 360 somehow had optical out and it would be silly for these to have optical since they were made for the 360.

I don't believe that it's on the actual system.  It's part of the AV cables that come with the system.  Unless Microsoft has recently changed this, I think it's still the case.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360componenthdcable/

See where it says "Play high-quality audio with the included stereo connection or use the optical audio port for digital sound."  Part of the AV cable, NOT the system.

twesterm said:
bobobologna said:

Is there actually a port in the back of the console? Like on the PS3, my 360 doesn't have a port on the back

bobobologna said:
twesterm said:
bobobologna said:

I don't believe that it's on the actual system.  It's part of the AV cables that come with the system.  Unless Microsoft has recently changed this, I think it's still the case.

See where it says "Play high-quality audio with the included stereo connection or use the optical audio port for digital sound."  Part of the AV cable, NOT the system.

No, older model 360's have optical out because I used it or either had an optical cable going nowhere.

Around the Network

never will i switch to a microsoft product. I own sony products as well as nintendo but i refuse to ever buy microsoft shit

PSN: Skiptomylou41k

Gamertag: Skiptomylou41k

PS3 Slim/Xbox 360 Short/Wii Black/PS2 Slim/Psp/DS

Cypher1980 said:
Soon the Darkside will be irresistable and will crush the MS rebel scum underfoot.

The Wii owners are like Ewoks. The Evil empire will tolerate them but turn their forest moon into a secret base.

twesterm said:
bobobologna said:
twesterm said:
bobobologna said:

No, older model 360's have optical out because I used it or either had an optical cable going nowhere.

No they didn't.  I had an XBox360 (bought around April 2006) and the optical out was on the AV cable.

bobobologna said:
twesterm said:
bobobologna said:
twesterm said:
bobobologna said:

No they didn't.  I had an XBox360 (bought around April 2006) and the optical out was on the AV cable.

Actually, you're right, dug around back there and remembered what I did.  I had the optical cable to the PS3 and then used the receiver when I used it with the 360.  Whoops.

mjc2021 said:
The only thing that really distinguishes the PS3 and the 360 is a few exclusives that are actually worth playing.

I can think of about 5 PS3 exclusives I want to play (primarily shooters) but I'm not going to spend $400 (plus tax!!!) just so I can play them. Although I will definitely pick up a PS3 when the console is sold for $99.

Add me on PSN in 2015!

Also, why would anyone use optical out if you have HDMI?

all microsft product are low quality ALL, is not a console thing for me , i work with MS products i have a MCSE, they just have the best marketing in the industry

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection