By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, why will GT5 blow away Shift?

Up to this point and time, the talk is how GT5 will have the best graphics, and best of everything, and be NO DOUBT the best driving game this generation.  I don't want to get into the Forza-GT debate, but will bring up Shift.  The game in action looks as good as the photos hinted.  There is TONS of detail as far as graphics. 

So, anyone here want to argue that Gran Turismo will blow it away at least on the graphics front?  I don't see how that will happen.

Around the Network

i posted a video of actual gameplay of shift it looks good but not anywhere near as good as gt5 or forza for that matter.

it looks like a grid/pgr style of grafix

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Forza looks better than Shift.

IF Gran Turismo is shown tomorrow, then we can have this discussion

Tomorrow you'll find out why.

Why don't we just wait till tomorrow where we can compare new videos of each game?

Around the Network

Because GT is developed by PD. thread

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I don't think there'll be a significant enough difference between any of the games for people to conclusively say one game looks WAY better than the others.

Tease.

The head movements in Shift were realistic

Squilliam said:
I don't think there'll be a significant enough difference between any of the games for people to conclusively say one game looks WAY better than the others.

I think the differences today that allow one racing game to "blow away" another racing game won't be aesthetic in nature.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Squilliam said:

I think the differences today that allow one racing game to "blow away" another racing game won't be aesthetic in nature.

Truth!

Tease.