By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reaction to Modern Warfare 2?

With the internet (and vgchartz) lighting up with thread after thread, post after post about the announcement of MGS:Rising, it seems like no one is paying much attention to the game that is very likely to be the best selling on either HD platform this year, Modern Warfare 2.

If you caught MS's conference, you would have seen that they demo'd a level set in a location with lots of snow. I wasn't paying much attention but I assumed it was Antartica.

So, how do you feel about what we saw?

Personally, I thought it was great. Not as mindblowing  as I was expecting (it was their official unveiling after all and Modern Warfare 1 had some amazing scenes). It was definitely exciting though and it looks like the snowmobile part is on rails. How do you feel about that given the rumours and speculation that the most hyped parts (Night Vision gunning from a aircraft, underwater and snowmobile parts) may be completely on-rails?

I'm a little surprised about the radar being placed on the gun itself, so it's only viewable when not looking down the sight. That'll be interesting for multiplayer (I'm pretty reliant on the radar).

I'm very excited for this game, but the showing at MS's conference didn't increase my hype or reduce it, it was just expected that they'd do something good, I just thought it would have been better.

Around the Network

mehhh.. they could of picked a better level to demo...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I think it looked great cant wait for it.

It looked amazing.

Really, really cant wait.

awesome

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

IMO, pretty weak compared to all the other stuff MS was showing off. I'd much rather play ODST.