By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can NINTENDO do to win E3 now & is Wii Dead?

TripleMMM said:
dahuman said:

I'd rather play real instruments or not play at all. see? I'm more of a realist, I play games for games, I don't try to simulate real life. that's why I think you are wacky =P.

I guess you had never seen Kevin Pereira on a real drumset and played like a pro (along side a real band, forgot who), just because rock band game that he played... I call that wacky too, but it was awesome and I like it. :p   In other words, you can do alot by just simulate! There real danger is losing the differince between virtual and reality.

yeah, the drum part is passable if you don't tell the guy to play something too complex like hitting the right areas of the drum sets themselves and stopping vibrations when needed etc.

Around the Network

for all those people syaing it would be an amazing RPG, how would you walk in the game? thas whatim curious about

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

FaithRaven, real people suck. Try again :P Anyway, if you play any games at all what so ever you interact already with virtual people, why not enhance the experience.

theRepublic, maybe I worded that wrong. The people who end up thinking games are real go on shooting sprees. I meant immersive more than anything. Games try to immerse you, are you going to argue with that? I mean why do you think developers strive for photo realistic graphics and life like animation. If all games are just fun little Mario cartoony sidescrollers then I could see you point. And I never said immersion didn't equal "fun" or that I don't play for fun.

JPL78 said:
dahuman, Fair enough. I won't personally even think about getting it unless there is serious software to back it up. Also I'm lazy and like having a controller. I felt like a dirty whore when they where talking bad about how stupid the notion of a controller is during the conference.

As for RPG I wasn't thinking that anal, just more along the lines of instead of clicking a text bubble I just talk the NPC and the conversation flows that way. But with my southern draw he would probably be like "you said stab you in the head?" "NO...I said I'm going to grab some bread!" "Stab you in the head confirmed, prepare to die."

I'm still confused as to why you even play games at all though.. I mean, if you like the competition of shooters why not just play paint ball or join the military?

I'm more into AEGs these days, as for your last question, I don't want to die.

woopah, you could mix the controller with the natal. Or if not, it's a 3D camera, if you step forward it recognizes that and you continue to move forward until you step back to neutral position? I don't know I'm just guessing.

But people, not you, but people in general seem very confused that this is a 3D camera.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
What MS showed today was about a hundred times more impressive than anything I've seen done with the Wii remote.

It doesn't matter if it only works with casual games. Wii Fit, Wii Sports and Mario Kart are what's selling the Wii and they can all be accomplished with this device.

If it costs anywhere under $100 and Microsoft advertise it smartly, Nintendo will have some competition.

Yeh everything except multiplayer by the look of things. Excluding a game where it can detect someone make a random motion (clapping buzzer game), take turns catching/kicking a ball oh and the one where Dad can change your wheels. Lots of taking turns it seems.

But hey, who needs multiplayer when you have Milo? Make sure he's done his homework first though. Then you can go put your hands in some nice CGI water and punch the water when it doesn't seem to respond.

Kill the Wii? I don't think so. It can't even do Tetris....... my mistake. "This is the greatest controller ever made.......You.". So I'll just orientate my body into Tetris shapes and run round the room lining up blocks.

You thought Wii Sports was tiring, wait till you have to change the channel a few times with NATAL.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

dahuman, paintball then!

Natal will not kill the Wii.
I can see it being a success.

And I don't think Nintendo will ever win this E3. Simply because all the coverage is core centric and so many in that group have decided Nintendo have nothing to offer them. Even if the conference is a fairly even split between core stuff like Mario/Zelda, bridge titles like Pikmin, casual like Wii Fit Plus and more online content for Wii/DSi, people will criticise something.

Mario/Zelda isn't new! Pikmin isn't core enough! Nintendo are milking the casuals! No new IPs!!

If Nintendo have an amazing software line up, the criticism will be no Wii HD, no built in Motion Plus, no price cut or no new peripheral.

I'm hoping for a solid show with some definite future purchases for my DSi/Wii. I do not expect Nintendo to respond to their rivals because of the simple fact they never do-they do what they want, and the 'core' analysts and journos will never fully appreciate that fact.

JPL78 said:
I'm still confused as to why you even play games at all though.. I mean, if you like the competition of shooters why not just play paint ball or join the military?

because some people would rather not get bruised or killed during said competition.

JPL78 said:
FaithRaven, real people suck. Try again :P Anyway, if you play any games at all what so ever you interact already with virtual people, why not enhance the experience.

theRepublic, maybe I worded that wrong. The people who end up thinking games are real go on shooting sprees. I meant immersive more than anything. Games try to immerse you, are you going to argue with that? I mean why do you think developers strive for photo realistic graphics and life like animation. If all games are just fun little Mario cartoony sidescrollers then I could see you point. And I never said immersion didn't equal "fun" or that I don't play for fun.

How does chess or checkers immerse you?  Those are games too.

I don't think I would call any side scroller I've ever played "immersive", but there were still plenty of games during the NES and SNES era.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)