By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

i think Natal is either a gimmick, a bound failure, or MS is just the first to reveal something like this. im sure nintendo and sony have something like this in the works.

Around the Network

actualy i wonder if anyone ever thinks more then what has happend? it just came to me. that demo stuff looked alot like something that nintendo had a huge hand in. it wouldnt suprise me that if the actual rollout of the full motion thing wont be for the next xbox and teh next wii. and instead of being a one console thing might be a joint venture to where microsoft and nintendo works together to make the ultimate console. cause the rumors of them working together i think has alot to do with this device.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

PostModGuru said:
outlawauron said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

The only missing elements were RPGs and MMOs.

Piece of history? Are you kidding me?

How is this any more than an EyeToy with voice recognition? They didn't show any compelling software for their camera outside of Mylo which looks exactly like Eyedentify.

And the estimated price for it is $200.

You guys can downplay this as much as you want but with a backer like Spielberg I find it hard to believe that there will not be a few great games that utilize this technology.  I mean he doesn't usually release mediocer shit, does he?  Come on, if he was at the Sony presentation all you guys would be shouting it from the rooftops...

You remember that Spielberg was behind the Wii too, right? He's the guy who made Boom Blox. People didn't treat it as a huge thing then.

Comparing Natal to Eyetoy? Are you guys listening to yourselves? MS has already way surpassed that in a matter of months. Go and see whether you can navigate your XMB with your Eyetoy. The tech demo for Milo is just the beginning of actual games where you are actually IN A LIVE 3D INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT! If this is all one major big gimmick trick then call me the biggest fool ever but I seriously believe I witnessed history and having that as a gadget in my home up and running will be amazing.

OK Ill stop now trying to convert anyone. Im just amazed after this amazing conference and MS actually pulled it off well.

The only bad points about the conference are no Rare, no MMOs, no JRPGs and the Facebook and Twitter stuff was awkward which I think wont take off much.

PostModGuru said:
NJ5 said:
steven787 said:
NJ5 said:
steven787 said:
(Reminder PSWii owner) The tech is amazing and MS (and third parties) can probably sell millions of work out games that go way beyond what the Wii can do - making them more appealing to core gaming. The navigating through menus is cool.

What we think of as traditional games, FPS, Shooters, etc. will probably not work quite right BUT new sub-genres can emerge if they design good games for this type of control. I think they will.

BTW, I think RPG and RTS could work quite well with this.

RTS maybe, thought it could get tiring to use your finger as a pointing device for a long time.

RPG, how?

Less tiring than pointing with the Wii Remote. (Did I just commit blasphemy?)

How is it less tiring?

And again, how would you play a RPG with this?

NJ5 have you ever played Dragonball Z: Budokai?  I beat the second on my wii and I could only play for a few hours at a time because my wrists couldn't take any more.  The wiimote isn't exactly ergonomic   And as for an rpg what about gaining experience outside of towns with a controller and in town interact with Natal (first person of course)...

(I'm a PSWii owner)

@NJ5: It's less tiring because you don't have to hold a controller to point.  I only survived playing MP3 because I was in the recliner and could angle it with a little bit of creative positioning of the sensor bar.  A lot off Wii owners want to play standing up (I don't know why) or from the couch and there's no arm support.

A controller is heavier than no controller.  Plus if they can make it more immersive than you will notice the pain less.

@PMG: Control by pointing to walk in what direction and menues will more like the dashboard (but won't take up the whole screen).  Or casting spells with motion, or hacking with a prop or with out.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
PostModGuru said:
outlawauron said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

How is this any more than an EyeToy with voice recognition? They didn't show any compelling software for their camera outside of Mylo which looks exactly like Eyedentify.

You guys can downplay this as much as you want but with a backer like Spielberg I find it hard to believe that there will not be a few great games that utilize this technology.  I mean he doesn't usually release mediocer shit, does he?  Come on, if he was at the Sony presentation all you guys would be shouting it from the rooftops...

I'm sure it'll get more games than the EyeToy and the EyeToy was also $160 cheaper. The price has to be right, and I don't see this taking off with such little information about it.

Honestly, I'd like Sony to support the EyeToy, but I would be right here complaining away if this was their big announcement.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Eagles, until its useful outside minigames and talking to imaginary computer people, its not revolutionary, just an interesting technology

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

really? did you see the lag in th emovements? its a cool concept.

ever get frustrated playing online with lag or when framerate drops? i dont see how anyone can get excited about this other than soccer moms who have fat kids.

*looks at you signature... interesting information*

*imagines you can't think about the fact that this is still in production*

*takes a deep breath*

There...

attack my sig when you know im damn right and not the substanc eof my post. Look at my post history not what console i own, then judge me.

I think its rather juvenile and naieve to see a product demonstrated, get a huge gushing boner over it and then when someone makes valid points based on the FACTUAL ACTUAL PRESENTATION youre only result is "its still in development" thats not a good sign.

Seriously, I don't understand how you can be so against this project. Do you hate innovation or something?

When they first showed it with the guy (Kudo I believe his name was), I was a bit skeptical myself because the movement recognition seemed weak, but when that girl played that little tech demo, it was actually working! She was moving in a 3D environnement created in the tech demo with just a little camera. Sure, she seemed a bit excited and missed a few balls, but what do you expect?

And what facts? You saw lag in there? You saw framedrops? What the heck are you talking about?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

you could tell that the movement on screen were slower than the movements of the person playing

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Khuutra said:
PostModGuru said:
outlawauron said:
EaglesEye379 said:

You remember that Spielberg was behind the Wii too, right? He's the guy who made Boom Blox. People didn't treat it as a huge thing then.

Yea I'm trying to place what Spielberg has done for gaming. I'm not trying to downplay him or his movies, but as a game developer, it would have to be one hell of a game.