By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

wi have to think at ps3 as an n64...

the REAL problem is:

in n64 nintendo was left alone(with Rare...I admit)

and made mario64 and zelda ocarina of time

has sony in the similar condition  the power to re-invent themselves as great developer????

god of war,granturismo...ok

but has sony the strenght to make a revolutionary game like mario 64 or zelda oot????

the problem is not how many exclusives they can buy...

but the games that the internal studios can make.

not only the quality but the importance of these games in this era.

sony without square is dead.

ninntendo survived without square,

the n64 was one of the most innovative and important console in the videogames history,without square support.

if tomorrow square would decide to leave sony(never happening)for microsoft(never happening again)

has sony the strenght to continue without them??? 

i tthink not. 

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
Sony will open the door for new devs... this will keep things fresh and innovative. MS are only buying up companies that have done well last gen. It's not a guarantee that they will make great games this year.

I wasn't going to post a reply but, shit. Sony is not opening up anymore doors than MS. I would have to argue that with nearly 3 times the installed based (NA) of the ps3 that MS is opening up far more doors. More systems sold = more opportunities for smaller software development companies to turn a profit. More niche markets, more of everything. Not to mention the gap is growing larger.

Sony has a chance to completely destroy everything out there, but they are playing the sit and wait game.

mM
Lost tears of Kain said:
@ ssj12

if you say bioshock is coming to ps3, then im saying mgs4 and FF 13 is coming to 360

Bioshock was originally planned to be for 360, PS3, and PC. MS bought the exclusiveity. So no. the two cases are completely different.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

finalsquall said:
Sony will open the door for new devs... this will keep things fresh and innovative. MS are only buying up companies that have done well last gen. It's not a guarantee that they will make great games this year.

In that case, Microsoft is playing MUCH smarter than Sony. They bought developers that know how the game is played, they know what the gamers want...old developers can be innovative

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
Sony will open the door for new devs... this will keep things fresh and innovative. MS are only buying up companies that have done well last gen. It's not a guarantee that they will make great games this gen.

You've managed to combine few words yet so much retarted that I don't know where to begin burning. 

outlawauron said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
@ ssj12

if you say bioshock is coming to ps3, then im saying mgs4 and FF 13 is coming to 360

Bioshock was originally planned to be for 360, PS3, and PC. MS bought the exclusiveity. So no. the two cases are completely different.

Yes but that does not change that both are currently exclusitivity, and are unlikely to change (well MSg4 not so much FF 13 yes, and bioshock yes)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Agreed.

This is true so far, and with Halo out now , that leaves Mass Effect- that is all

But if we use a little thing called foresight, we can find that Sony is securing the future of gaming on their system.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here people -
Killzone, MGS, GranTurismo5, FF, LBP, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Haze, UT3, the Getaway, Playstation Home, (which has file sharing) all Sony exclusive.
What I am looking forward to is Rockstars future exclusive title with Sony, so if you think about it- Microsoft paid Rockstar 50 million to have exclusive episodic content for GTA, then rockstar takes that money and develops a game for the PS3.

Sony has exclusive deals with many devs making them 2nd party developers.

And the argument of there being less devs interested in Sony because of a smaller user base is a moot point because Devs understand that Sony has been around half as long as Microsoft in this gen, and understand that the Wii is not in the same field. (At first devs were weary, but almost all are developing for both Microsoft and Sony now, instead of porting the 360 garbage)
But when it comes to 3rd party exclusives, Microsoft has Bioshock, and Mass Effect.
If the world ended soon, then Microsoft would have the edge here- so it all comes back to foresight.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
This is true so far, and with Halo out now , that leaves Mass Effect- that is all

But if we use a little thing called foresight, we can find that Sony is securing the future of gaming on their system.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here people -
Killzone, MGS, GranTurismo5, FF, LBP, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Haze, UT3, the Getaway, Playstation Home, (which has file sharing) all Sony exclusive.
What I am looking forward to is Rockstars future exclusive title with Sony, so if you think about it- Microsoft paid Rockstar 50 million to have exclusive episodic content for GTA, then rockstar takes that money and develops a game for the PS3.

Sony has exclusive deals with many devs making them 2nd party developers.

And the argument of there being less devs interested in Sony because of a smaller user base is a moot point because Devs understand that Sony has been around half as long as Microsoft in this gen, and understand that the Wii is not in the same field. (At first devs were weary, but almost all are developing for both Microsoft and Sony now, instead of porting the 360 garbage)
But when it comes to 3rd party exclusives, Microsoft has Bioshock, and Mass Effect.
If the world ended soon, then Microsoft would have the edge here- so it all comes back to foresight.

Yessir. I think that Sony knows they can't fight against Halo at the moment...they must be waiting for 2008 to start advertising and hitting Xbox 360 hard while Xbox is in the drought (Atleast i hope that's what they have planned). 

We have to keep in mind thought that Sony has to do decent this year, and get atleast 8m userbase worldwide, because some developers might really get worried...what good are games with no one to sell them to?