By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final fantasy 7 coming Ameica. ( Maybe)

According to an ESRB rating, Final Fantasy VII is becoming a PSOne Classic in North America.

The original Playstation game was released in 1997 and is generally considered to be the most popular role-playing game ever. Sony Computer Entertainment America is once again publishing the game, this time for the PSP and Playstation 3. Final Fantasy VII is rated T for Comic Mischief, Mild Fantasy Violence and Mild Language.

No release date has been announced but it could be soon. With Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete coming out on June 2nd, a release of the PSOne Classic would make plenty of sense at the same time frame.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-SF-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m5d31-Final-Fantasy-VII-rated-by-the-ESRB

Lol talk about fail thread name.

Around the Network

Would be nice for FF newcomes, I guess. I wouldn't start out with it though.

Wow, it would be totaly awesome if FFVII comes to the American Playstation store. I played Crisis Core till death and I loved it, but I actually never played the main game FFVII.
Is it still worth to play it for newcomers?

Take a look at my photos on flickr

man i wish the uk store got this

I'll be picking it up.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

"The original Playstation game was released in 1997 and is generally considered to be the most popular role-playing game ever."

Don't trust this source, they have no idea what they're on about
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=&console=&keyword=&publisher=&genre=RPG&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

Of course it's still worth playing.
It's one of the greatest games of all time.

''Hadouken!''

I would like to see 8 or 9. The less hyped games. I would like to give those ones a try.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

If that happens I'll get a PS3 right away!

About damn time. As much as square rereleases their games, it's been over a decade without a non-PSX re-release of FFVII, one of their most popular titles.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.