By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Dream E3 - For PSWii60 and other open minded people.

First, I want to say, that this isn't a place for trolling.  I want your genuine desires for the companies you like about the products you like.

I am PSWii but I will buy a 360 at some point and I am interested in gaming in general, so I will post all 3.

These aren't necessarily realistic but they aren't crazy out there either... (No holographic projectors or VR headsets)

Sony

PSP Go will have an optional UMD reader through USB or propietary cable.

New PS3 bundle with Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Resistance and a PSN Game for $399.  Value added FTW!

Lots of talk about R&C, MAG, GT5, DC Universe, the Agency, etc.

GT5 DLC car will be in packs arranged by manufacturer and by class.

DC Universe will let you design Super Hero/Villain Group (guilds) uniforms, badges, flags, bases, etc.

Sony has had the most leaks and already has a shit-ton of games announced.  So, I am not really expecting much for big reveals of new IP.

Microsoft

360 Motion.  At first I thought it was a stupid idea.  But maybe, MS will do something awesome with it.  I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

FFXIII Versus. (Yes, I am a FF fan and a PS3 owner but having VS. on 360 would be good for the brand and good for gaming in general.)

Web-browser.

An official SD adapter or a 16-32 memory card.  For god sakes, please.

Just generally looking forward to seeing what they have in store.

Nintendo

Black Wii bundled with Wii Sports Resort and WM+ for $250 (or less? Fingers crossed but very unlikely.) to be released world wide (including Japan)

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Some new Nintendo IP for core gamers or a bridge game. (What was the last on in the US? Chibi Robo? Geist?)

Shuffle board in Wii Sports Resort.

Zelda or Mario for Wii would be cool but I would be happy with some more smaller core projects too.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

My dream is that noone 'wins' E3. That each has such a strong E3 that the haters get shot down by everyone and people just have a good time.

Tease.

That's a nice dream Squilliam... a nice dream.

Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Bros 2
Metroid 5(2D)
Remake of Metroid 2 for DS or WiiWare
Virtual Handheld Console
Retro's new game
Eternal Darkness 2
Total reinvention of RE5 for Wii(make it a real RE and not Resident GearsofWar)
New Castlevania for Wii that is not a fighter
Street Fighter 4 Wii Edition
Mega Man 10

Sony:

200 dollar PS3 bundles, one featuring LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet and the other one with Killzone 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

5 bajillion trailers for games we all love.

A bunch of actors dressed up as famous Sony characters (Nathan Hale, Ratchet, Nariko, etc.)

The return of Crash, Spyro, and Ape Escape.

PSP, PS3, and neural connectivity, allowing you to play videogames with the power of your mind.

Nintendo:

New Mario game set in Italy. It tells the story of Mario's return to his home (forget the Mushroom Kingdom!).

Exciting new Nintendo merchandise, including plushies of the SSBB cast, Metroid-style arm cannons for the military, and karts for the kids.

A dance-off between all the Nintendo big-wigs. Reggie may be able to kick ass and take names, but can he serve it up on the dance floor? Featuring Miyamoto breakdancing!

Final Fantasy 6 remake for the Wii.

Nintendo ends up buying Apple and we can stop this stupid speculation about Apple entering the industry.

Microsoft:

They buy every major publisher in Japan (save for Nintendo) just for shits and giggles.

Opening of a new series of arcades, allowing for real-life Halo 3 styled matches of Capture the Flag and Grifball. Ages 13 and up.

A new trailer for Gears of War 3, finally explaining what happens to Dizzy.

Announces player moderators for Xbox Live, making certain well behaved players able to immediately moderate and take action on any morons online.

New 360 bundles, including Gears, Gears 2, a chainsaw gun, and some juice.

Around the Network

I really like it Montana, except Mario's from Brooklyn. I actually think that could be made into a great game. Mario in the real world... they'd have to come up with some excuses, maybe the meatrealm and the Mushroom Kingdom are merging (think MK3)

My dream E3? That two of the manufacturers (any two) drop out of the console race and pour their resources into developing for the other. That way we end these ridiculous 'console wars' and the only competition is between the developers themselves to make us better games.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
My dream E3? That two of the manufacturers (any two) drop out of the console race and pour their resources into developing for the other. That way we end these ridiculous 'console wars' and the only competition is between the developers themselves to make us better games.

No, it's the other way around. With only one console, there is no competition and there is no motivation to make us better consoles and better games.

thekitchensink said:

All three should drop out and focus on creating games for the PC, all released on Steam, all of which include proper gamepad support, and all of which are bug and DRM free.  And Microsoft would announce a new OS that isn't bloated as hell, doesn't have a registry, and is rock stable out of the box.  And PC manufacturers would announce a new form factor that makes all PCs about the size of the Wii, with easily interchangable parts while still retaining all the power of full sized components.  Hey, if we're going to dream, let's dream big, right?

Nintendo:
Wii Remote with built-in Motion Plus.

Super Mario Bros. - Mushroom World
Starfox - Vector Zone