By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Conference, a realistic prediction

To be honest, I'm seeing a lot of crazy predictions about what announcements Nintendo will make this Tuesday. And along those unreasonably high expectations, will then come some major meltdowns and a lot of complaints. Many of those who expect such great things this E3 will most probably end up more pissed and enraged than at E3 2008.

So let's start with the known stuff

For the Wii they have:

-Wii Sports Resort and M+
-Metroid Prime Trilogy (GC ports and rerelease of MP3)
-Sin & Punishment 2
-NPC Pikmin 2 (GC port)
-M&S at the Winter Olympics
-Rock N' Roll Climbing (WiiWare)

For the DS:

-Mario & Luigi 3
-WarioWare: Made in Ore
-Pokemon Misterious Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky
-Pokemon Silver Remake
-Pokemon Gold Remake
-Friend Collection
-Professor Layton 2
-Personal Trainer Walking
-The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
-Dragon Quest Wars (developed by Intelligent Systems) (DSiWare)
-Legendary Starfy

All of those are practically guaranteed to be present at the show, now for the doubtful stuff, we have for the DS Wagamama Fashion and for the Wii the games that appeared at the October conference, out of which the only ones I think will make an appearance are S&P2 and Endless Ocean 2. I don't think any of the other games will make it to the US, considering the recent track record by Nintendo, it's very doubtful and highly improbable that those games will reach our shores. NPC Chibi Robo (GC port) may also make it here, but that's about it.

So what else will they showcase? Ok older games like Punch-Out, Excitebots, Rythm Heaven Gold, Pokemon Platinum, etc.

There will be a big chunk of their conference devoted to talking about the state of the industry, on the state of Nintendo and a lot of graph and numbers. About 1/3rd of the conference.

I fully expect them to devote more time to the DSi than to the Wii, considering that the current upcoming line up for each system is clearly bigger on the DSi, plus the DSi has just been launched so they will probably be announcing new services, like DSi VC or some downloadable applications. The DSi will take I'd say 1/3rd of the total conference time.

As for the Wii, they will be focusing on the WM+ and revolving the show around Wii Sports Resort, showcasing each sport and the functionality the WM+ adds to them. I say the Wii will have 2/3rds of the remaining 1/3rd of the conference devoted to, with half of that time given to WSR and M+.

Then we have the third party segment, where they will probably be showcasing the WM+ games only. That will take up the remaining 1/3rd of the last 1/3rd.

Finally, the new announcements:

I expect them to announce 2 new DSi specific games and 1 new DS game, along with some DSiWare games and some downloadable apps.

For the Wii, I'd say that Wii Fit Plus will take the center stage. After WSR and M+ get showcased, they will move onto Wii Fit+. After that we may see the new Art Academy showcased and the conference could come to an end. I highly doubt we will see any first party big core project for the Wii, because I think DSi it's their main focus, but we might see Mario Party 9 and maybe, just maybe, a small 15 second trailer of Pikmin 3. Also add a couple of WiiWare games.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

wow nintendo is going to win e3 if this is true:
-Wii Sports Resort and M+
-NPC Pikmin 2 (GC port)
-Rock N' Roll Climbing (WiiWare)

think of how much wii sports sold!! wii sports resort announcement is going to blow every1 away

omg wii fit+ would be so cool too!!

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

In other words, it's going to be a failure like last year's E3.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Maybe they'll show Dragon Quest IX. They did say that they would help market the series, so maybe they're doing the translation themselves and will showcase the game in their conference.

Well pretty solid prediction except they are going to have to show off at least one big holiday title. Last year they even showed off two (Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folk).

I mean Wii Sports Resort releases in the summer, Sin and Punishment 2 isn't a big released, nor the remake games. A 15 second trailer of Pikmin 3 wouldn't do, and even if there is a second Wii Fit announced or enhanced version, there is no guarantee it'll come out this holiday season. Not to mention that would be a very uncompetitive holiday lineup, even compared to last year which had 2.

So maybe they'll show Wii Fit 2 or enhanced version off as their big holiday title but you would have to expect they would at least have another big holiday title. Maybe Mario Party 9 or Pikmin 3 as you stated. I know everyone thinks Ninty is not looking out for the core gamer, but they are looking out for the holiday season haha.

Around the Network

Well I totally disagree with your predidiction, well just the last part.They will show Kirby wii which has release date(was there when Nintendo gave release dates for their games) in japan and pikmin 3.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

I doubt we will hear anything about Sin & Punishment 2.

Last years conference was a measly 1-hour disaster.

I don't see why they can't add an extra half-hour with a core game blowout. Talking about games that we already know about will save their conference from being E3 08 part 2.

If they pull another "casualz yay" stunt, don't be surprised in Nintendo actually gets booed this time around. The gamers there will have prepared for it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

@Zucas: Yeah, but I think that with Mario Party 9, M&S at the Winter Olympics, Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit+ they will be satisfied for the Holidays. Also add Art Academy.

This is just my prediction, but I'm positive it will end up being something very similar to this.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

@Exblackman: Kirby Wii is vaporware, it has been appearing since 2006 I believe on every FY report, so just scratch that, because it has the same chance of happening than Mother 4 has.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Zucas: Yeah, but I think that with Mario Party 9, M&S at the Winter Olympics, Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit+ they will be satisfied for the Holidays. Also add Art Academy.

This is just my prediction, but I'm positive it will end up being something very similar to this.

Why did uoy least a third party games like it was a first party game(M&S).Yeah I understand it uses Ninteno Characters but Nintendo doesn't from the profits like say Punchout it's biigger cut because of all the liscencing.Remember thier not publisher outside of japan where it selss the most.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !