By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World of Warcraft on the PS3/360

not enough keys to bind all the macros and you'd die in pvp way too often. it'd have to be completely redesigned just for consoles and they don't give a 2 rat's ass about consoles so it won't happen.

Around the Network
Million said:
People arguing technical limitations or the PC's suitability for MMORPG's as a reason for MMORPG's not making an apearance on the PS3/360 (namely WoW) are mistaken. There's a history of MMORPG's on console , I can remember MMORPG's on consoles as far back as SOE's Eve online on the PS2.

Games are always changed and modified to the technical specifications of a console so even if it's not the same WoW PC gamers play , there could see be a very functional WoW for the PS3/360 , that is if it is made according to the specifcations of the respective PS3/360 controllers.

I've even tried playing MMORPG's with a USB PS2 style gamepad because I was bored of using Mouse + F keys to play a particular MMORPG , whilst it did slightly decrease my performance it made the experience more enjoyable and much more comfortable ( I memories shortcuts on my gamepad which allowed me to execute about 8 "F" keys).

The potential market for a MMORPG on the PS3/360 is far greater than any market on another other platform excluding the PC and IIRC there is at least one MMORPG On the 360 already.

it's quiet a bit more complex than something that's, say, FF11. FF11 was slow by design choice and the play system was uh, elementary at best(and a long ass grind for no real purpose and the lore was weak,) the whole everquest on console thing didn't turn out too well either.

Who cares about the number of keys, WoW is the ultimate casual MMO so I doubt that most people would need anything more than a controller to run it. Who cares what a hardcore WoW player does. Its not like they are going to suddenly want to start playing it on a console. The fact that a million keys exist, doesn't mean that a nornal player would even need to use that many.

Tease.

you kinda have to use mods and those keys if you want to raid end game contents, that or you just pvp all day(a lot of keys,) otherwise you'd just stand there and do nothing which is not worth paying monthly fees for unless you are a chinese farmer.

It wouldn't be awesome at all. WoW isn't close to being the best MMO out there.

Around the Network

that's more personal preference, as for me, I don't want to touch another MMO ever again if possible, and I urge people to stay away from them.

dahuman said:
not enough keys to bind all the macros and you'd die in pvp way too often. it'd have to be completely redesigned just for consoles and they don't give a 2 rat's ass about consoles so it won't happen.

They don't care about 50 million consoles sitting in peoples homes , seriously ? .  Stop thinking like a PC gamer and look at the situation from a more business perspective , even if it takes a complete redesign of the PC Version ( which it likely won't)  the potential revenue that Blizzard stand to gain from an MMORPG on the PS3/360 could be massive . Maybe they aren't too concerned about expanding into new terriotories right now but like any multi-national tyrant they will have to enter and compete in existing markets , create new ones , the shareholders expect it.

dahuman said:

They don't care about 50 million consoles sitting in peoples homes , seriously ? .  Stop thinking like a PC gamer and look at the situation from a more business perspective , even if it takes a complete redesign of the PC Version ( which it likely won't)  the potential revenue that Blizzard stand to gain from an MMORPG on the PS3/360 could be massive . Maybe they aren't too concerned about expanding into new terriotories right now but like any multi-national tyrant they will have to enter and compete in existing markets , create new ones , the shareholders expect it and will start challenging the board of directors if they don't.

Million said:
dahuman said:

They don't care about 50 million consoles sitting in peoples homes , seriously ? .  Stop thinking like a PC gamer and look at the situation from a more business perspective , even if it takes a complete redesign of the PC Version ( which it likely won't)  the potential revenue that Blizzard stand to gain from an MMORPG on the PS3/360 could be massive . Maybe they aren't too concerned about expanding into new terriotories right now but like any multi-national tyrant they will have to enter and compete in existing markets , create new ones , the shareholders expect it.

tbh, it'd be bad for the video game market, people only play that one game and nothing else, kinda bad for sales for other software.

Million said:
dahuman said:

They don't care about 50 million consoles sitting in peoples homes , seriously ? .  Stop thinking like a PC gamer and look at the situation from a more business perspective , even if it takes a complete redesign of the PC Version ( which it likely won't)  the potential revenue that Blizzard stand to gain from an MMORPG on the PS3/360 could be massive . Maybe they aren't too concerned about expanding into new terriotories right now but like any multi-national tyrant they will have to enter and compete in existing markets , create new ones , the shareholders expect it and will start challenging the board of directors if they don't.

Theres a risk that a competiting MMO will develop on console(s) and grow to compete with WoW head to head. Half of the reason why they are successful is because they are the ONLY big MMO player out there. If there was another one even half as big it would be a threat to their userbase/revenues because MMO games run on a network effect but if another network is even half the size then other factors like cost, content, gameplay come into it and they wouldn't get such a free pass.

Tease.