By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World of Warcraft on the PS3/360

How awesome would that be?!?

And no, I've never played an MMORPG, but I just watched that South Park episode on my DVR and I could really get into that game!  I'm not a PC gamer, but I do have a keyboard for my PSWii60......

Around the Network

it's better suited for a pc than a console for a variety of reasons

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

^^Such as?

Better suited for a PC. Blizzard will stay on the PC. In fact, rumor is that Blizzard is announcing an all new MMO at Blizzcon this year. Oh and guess who will be there to cover the convention? (If you guessed VGChartz, you're right!)

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

If they could make it work, sure. However, I'm not sure how well it'd control on a console.

PvP (player vs player) would be really, really hard.

Anyhow, that episode is great. One of my favourites of the last few seasons.

Around the Network

@d21lewis: WoW requires a whole load more commands than a controller can handle, not everyone has keyboards for their PS360 (I suppose you could cast by flinging your Wiimote in certain ways).

It also requires gigs of space. I think it's currently at around 20gig, and that increases with every patch and expansion. The PS3 is fine here, thanks to Blu-ray, but the installation required and subsequent patches would be too much for the somewhat limited HDDs that the consoles have.

Oh well.....a man can dream.

You need to be able to press dozens of buttons to play Wow well, in pvp and pve. The whole game is designed around fast mouse clicking. I'd imagine the Wii would probably be the most ideal console for it.

I'm sure Blizzard could build Wow from the ground up on consoles, with a different control scheme, but there would probably be some missing features to make it work.

SamuelRSmith said:

@d21lewis: WoW requires a whole load more commands than a controller can handle, not everyone has keyboards for their PS360 (I suppose you could cast by flinging your Wiimote in certain ways).

It also requires gigs of space. I think it's currently at around 20gig, and that increases with every patch and expansion. The PS3 is fine here, thanks to Blu-ray, but the installation required and subsequent patches would be too much for the somewhat limited HDDs that the consoles have.

If your gonna play a MMO your gonna have a keyboard, i think thats kinda obvious. The one thing that would stop it from working is.....addons, the UI is customizable as hell on PC and most likely wouldnt be possible on console. PC gamers would have huge advantages over console owners due to this. 3rd pary tools ftw

People arguing technical limitations or the PC's suitability for MMORPG's as a reason for MMORPG's not making an apearance on the PS3/360 (namely WoW) are mistaken. There's a history of MMORPG's on console , I can remember MMORPG's on consoles as far back as SOE's Eve online on the PS2.

Games are always changed and modified to the technical specifications of a console so even if it's not the same WoW PC gamers play , there could see be a very functional WoW for the PS3/360 , that is if it is made according to the specifcations of the respective PS3/360 controllers.

I've even tried playing MMORPG's with a USB PS2 style gamepad because I was bored of using Mouse + F keys to play a particular MMORPG , whilst it did slightly decrease my performance it made the experience more enjoyable and much more comfortable ( I memories shortcuts on my gamepad which allowed me to execute about 8 "F" keys).

The potential market for a MMORPG on the PS3/360 is far greater than any market on another other platform excluding the PC and IIRC there is at least one MMORPG On the 360 already.