By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass effect 2 or FFXIII who will win?

Rei said:
starcraft said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:
In terms of sales, FFXIII will destroy Mass Effect 2 by almost every measure available. In terms of quality, it is quite possible that ME2 will be comfortably superior, though no Sony fan would EVER admit it.

It doesnt take to be a Sony fan to not admit that.

Put it this way.  Mass Effect has an aggregate score of 91, whereas each of the last two main story FF's got a 92.  The one before that got an 85.

Mass Effect had MASSIVE technical issues and STILL got that awesome score.  It is quite possible there will be an upset.

Do you honestly believe that 1 or 2 points of metascore somehow support your position? Really?

I'm sorry.  I bow completely to whatever equally objective but more valid tool of comparison you are about to present to us...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Easy FF

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

starcraft said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:
In terms of sales, FFXIII will destroy Mass Effect 2 by almost every measure available. In terms of quality, it is quite possible that ME2 will be comfortably superior, though no Sony fan would EVER admit it.

Put it this way.  Mass Effect has an aggregate score of 91, whereas each of the last two main story FF's got a 92.  The one before that got an 85.

Mass Effect had MASSIVE technical issues and STILL got that awesome score.  It is quite possible there will be an upset.

Do you honestly believe that 1 or 2 points of metascore somehow support your position? Really?

I'm sorry.  I bow completely to whatever equally objective but more valid tool of comparison you are about to present to us...

You know, the funny thing is that I can use your logic and still win this argument. Final Fantasy XII is a better game than Mass Effect, check the metascore.

And I dont think that there is any objective tool of comparison at all. But if millions of gamers will chose FFXIII over Mass Effect 2 - it gotta mean something.

STAGE - link for MEs sales.

You also realize FF7 sold 2mil launch week while PS was only at 5mil... right

Max King of the Wild said:
STAGE - link for MEs sales.

You also realize FF7 sold 2mil launch week while PS was only at 5mil... right

....Now add the PC sales and the 18,000 copies that Mass Effect recently sold in Japan. Also....realize that was when JRPG's were in higher demand.

Around the Network
Rei said:
starcraft said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:

You know, the funny thing is that I can use your logic and still win this argument. Final Fantasy XII is a better game than Mass Effect, check the metascore.

And I dont think that there is any objective tool of comparison at all. But if millions of gamers will chose FFXIII over Mass Effect 2 - it gotta mean something.

::Looks at the bold, silence mounts...and then::

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait... why would those PC buyers go to the 360? especially since ME2 is day and date

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:
Rei said:
starcraft said:

::Looks at the bold, silence mounts...and then::

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you to go see a doctor, S.T.A.G.E.

Max King of the Wild said:
wait... why would those PC buyers go to the 360? especially since ME2 is day and date

You do know there are pros and cons to playing games on consoles and PC right? This is why a lot of people are switching to consoles.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jo21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gilgamesh said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tedsteriscool said:
FF XIII first week in Japan will outsell ME2 first week worldwide...

Ok now that is going too far.

Mass Effect 2 won't do over a million first week, and FFXIII will easily crack a million first week in Japan. I predict 1.6 - 1.9 million first week in Japan for FFXIII, and thats not just a random number, I crunched the numbers and made a thread about how I got them :)

Don't under estimate the power of Final Fantasy in Japan.

I'm not underestimating Final Fantasy in Japan. I'm noting that Japan will not crack over 1/3 of the PS3 installed base in Japan within a week.

FF7 , FF10 did why not FF13?.

Because they have 3.22 million PS3 owners in Japan alone. That isn't enough. I'm not saying the game wont sell well in Japan; it will, but the game wont break a million in the first or second week. The FFXIII game being exclusive in Japan to PS3 with Versus behind it, is incentive for more people to pick up PS3's. In essence, you see, it will cause a steady increase in PS3 sales, almost to the effect of what MGS4 did, but not quite as well as MGS4.

You are going to be sorely disappointed. MGS4 sold 550k in the first 2 weeks and FF is MUCH more popular. It'll approach 2 million first week. I'll bet something for it. 1.5-2 mill 1st week Japan.

Perhaps you have something against FF and not wanting it to succeed on a personal level is getting in the way of reality?