By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Two Minutes of, "Now THIS is what a Wii game should look like."

Thanks for the answers.

I guess that puts me at about the mid to later part of the generation that appreciates and played games with 2D graphics.

Around the Network

I haven't enjoyed a new 2D game with 2D gameplay on the console since Yoshi's Story on the Gamecube so it's a welcome change! I'll definitely gonna keep an eye on this title. And to be honest I have never seen a 2D game look this good! Thumbs up for Marvelous Entertainment, they are doing a marvelous job.

Btw, I don't know if anyone else has ever taken a color theory class in their lives but these guys are masters of it. There is some brilliant use of analogous colors in this game. The artists really know what they are doing.

Woah... just watched this now, it looks like Odin Sphere, but even better and with better characters!!!!

SWEEEET

Does anyone know how to save this trailer from Gametrailers?

Around the Network

These pictures look very good; I love Super Paper Mario on my 32" LCD; really looking forward to this.

I love Marvelous. First Harvest Moon, then King's story, now this. I am so happy!!

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

OK, I think the pictures have illustrated this pretty well (pun lol), but one more time:

For all the people saying "This could be done on PSP, PS1, Neo-Geo, SNES, Apple II":
THE PLAYSTATION 2 COULD NOT HANDLE THESE GRAPHICS WITHOUT MASSIVE SLOWDOWN.
CASE CLOSED.

Also: Odin Sphere clone + no slowdown = orgasm

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Does anyone else think Odin Sphere should be ported to the Wii? I know it won't happen, but I can dream right?

stof said:
Dolla Dolla said:
naznatips said:
tabsina said:
Er.. is this Wiiware? As Ben said, it looks like it can be done on the PSP

That's very very very very incorrect. Even the PS2 couldn't handle this game entirely. Odin Sphere had massive slowdown. Why don't people appreciate 2D games?

I'm starting to feel old and very sad for the current state of the industry. People think that 2D games are never worth full price anymore.... What the hell.

It seems we are fossils, my friend.

Long live 2-D!

We fossils are many. And we've still got the Castelvania kids in our camp.

You called? :D But seriously, kids nowadays think Generic FPS A and Generic Hack-n-Slash B are more impressive than any 2D game, which is probably why we'll never see another 2D console Castlevania. *cries*

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)