By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

um if u mean ff3 for the nes then i agree it sucked but i fu mean ff6 in the us then ur crazy in my opinion that is

Around the Network
Soriku said:
GranTurismo said:
Soriku said:
Why does it suck? Story? Gameplay? What?

The gameplay is fine for the most part, but the job system is really bad. The story was ok, but you never feel anything for the characters, i can't even remember their names and i just played the game the other day. I never really knew what to do either, for the most part i just wondered around until i found out what to do.

So you just suck at the game?

GranTurismo has a bit of a point here, FF3 was by no means the high in the series.  That would have been  FF2 U.S. or FF 3 U.S. (FF4 and FF6 Japan).  FF3 was really hard and lacked the style and story that  FF4 brought with it.  The classes were always a pain in the early games.  Having said that, I'd also like to say that FF10 was horrible as well, the voice overs tottally ruined that game, that and the story was one of the worst in the series as well.  I made it as far as the mountain climb near the end of the game and gave up, the random battle's were way too time consuming.  I put up with the crazy random battles in Xenogears though.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

GranTurismo said:
Sri Lumpa said:
He probably think it sucks because it is the only main series Final Fantasy game that did not appear on a Sony console yet.

So GT, if you think it sucks what do you think of Final Fantasy 1 & 2?

Why would i say a game sucks just because its not on a Sony console, thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

I never played Final Fantasy 1 or 2.

If you haven't played them, then I don't think you would like them either. BTW, it seems you didn't get into RPGs in the 8-bit era. Little story, and unclear goals were typical of the time, since carts were actually small enough that too much texts would eat up space. As for the job system, it was the first of the FF games to use it, so it likely wouldn't be as good as FFV or Tactics (unless you haven't played those either).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I didn't like FF 3 ether the gameplay and enemies were too easy. I beat the game in 26 hours

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
GranTurismo said:
I would just like to say this game sucks, this is by far the worst FF game i have ever played, what do you guys think about it?

Definitely not the high point of the series or the time period...

Around the Network

I just wish Sony would release a super compilation of FF1 through FF9 (and all the spin-off games and GB games released during that time period) with all the remakes (PS, GBA, DS & PSP as well as a final remastered version) as well as the originals all remastered for the real FF fans so we could be content with that never to have to worry about anything after FF9 ever again.

Final fantasy wth are you people talkin about?

mM
leo-j said:
Final fantasy wth are you people talkin about?

Are you confused?

Have you never played any NES games before?

FF3 is an "old skool" JRPG. That's how they were all like. Bleh story, unclear objectives, great gameplay.

FF3 was the first one with a class system that carried over nicely to FF5 and Final Fantasy Tactics (and *shudder* X-2.)

And FF2's the worst one. No better way to get people interested by killing your party right off the bat... I get weaker when I fight?

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.