By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hi-def movies!

300 in HD isn't very special and it is because of the grain. Yes I know it is part of the film's visual style and there is nothing wrong with that, but with high resolutions that grain becomes so apparent that alot of the time it just ruins the visual quality of the movie. Also, with the film's brown and red colour schemes don't expect the most vivid colours either.

It's alright but it's not a HD showcase kinda film.

Around the Network
MrMarc said:
300 in HD isn't very special and it is because of the grain. Yes I know it is part of the film's visual style and there is nothing wrong with that, but with high resolutions that grain becomes so apparent that alot of the time it just ruins the visual quality of the movie. Also, with the film's brown and red colour schemes don't expect the most vivid colours either.

It's alright but it's not a HD showcase kinda film.
I have friends who say that they prefer the SDDVD version of the film for this very reason.  The SD version upscaled tends to have greater PQ and overall clarity than the HD version because of the grain.

I just bought Donnie Brasco and The Lookout (thanks abusable $10 off coupon on buy.com!). I highly recommend this to anyone by the way. You can get $10 off of anything in the store and there is free shipping for anything above $25. You can just keep creating more gmail accounts, even if they do use the same credit card.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

bleh. i've got probably more than 100 dvds, no HD player yet. I'm not sure i want to start another collection. i can never find the movie i'm looking for. i'd rather wait and get 100 terabyte harddrive and start filling up that with hd movies.
once i get a ps3 in the next 2 years, i'll probably get LoTR and a few others though...

You Spoony Bard!