By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix looking for US partner; worried about PS3's lackluster performance

Square Enix looking for US partner; worried about PS3's lackluster performance 

Square Enix, one of Japan’s leading video games publishers, is hunting a partner in the US and Europe to help raise overseas sales to 50 per cent of overall revenues within three years.

“We need to seek co-operation with a US publisher – we need local content,” Mr Sasaki said at the Tokyo Game Show. “Our strength is in role-playing games and fantasy titles, so it is a bit difficult to appeal to the US market.”

Mr Sasaki credited Nintendo with helping expand the $30bn global games industry by creating a new “casual gaming” audience of women, children and older people.

Square Enix was a “little worried” about the lackluster performance of Sony’s PlayStation 3 console, he said.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1486b68a-6888-11dc-b475-0000779fd2ac,Authorised=false.html?_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2F1486b68a-6888-11dc-b475-0000779fd2ac.html&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.n4g.com%2Findustrynews%2FNews-69601.aspx

My Opinion: Here we go again with these stories with Square Enix on the PS3. Its sad and now they are looking for a US partner.

Around the Network

Just make FFXIV and FF:VII Remake for the Wii and problem solved (Well the piracy wont help), so are they looking at MS ???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Guess Ea and Square could not get along, they had a partnership before. The Sony comment is stupid seeing how PS3 is selling better in NA and Europe then Japan.

SE needs to learn to make games in other genres and more NA/Euro style games.

I'm wondering why it has to be the PS3...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Im tired of people saying FF VII remaked for another system.

FF VII is published by sony, its staying on sony platforms. Its either the ps3 or nothing.

Sony wont let square go that easily, they will be forced to do something.

mM
Around the Network

"@tia

'Cause they're selling the least and that's where they're putting their FFs on. It's not entirely Sony, more like entirely PS3 disliking."

Well, it still doesn't have to be the PS3, does it?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

So, which US developers are out there waiting to work with SE???? Any ideas???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
So, which US developers are out there waiting to work with SE???? Any ideas???

I think its Microsoft :P

Soriku said:
Hmm...IDK. What US devs would be interested in making fantasy games or could have experience? Hopefully they don't kill their games.

Wait...

I got it!!

DISNEY!! Lol.

Yea sure.

SE should make a RPG with comic heroes. I am pretty sure that will sell good in USA.

(Even sucky comic games sell well so a good comic game with the SE team should sell very well).