By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank - lots of info and first review.

@Rath

sorry, I got confused between the two

But WARHAWK was awesome...

LAIR will be the deciding factor on their bias

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

10 hours is good

How long do you want a game like uncharted to be

it's no MGS or FF

Ratchet SEEMs to be HUGE due to MANY environments

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

darthdevidem said:
10 hours is good

it's no MGS or FF

Zelda is an adventure game around 30ish hours

But if Uncharted ends up being Beyond Good and Evil quality, then 10hr is acceptable

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

think about IFO. Under ten hours and amazing.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sieanr said:
darthdevidem said:
10 hours is good

it's no MGS or FF

But if Uncharted ends up being Beyond Good and Evil quality, then 10hr is acceptable

Try closer to 60. I was pretty slow, and clocked in around 70 by the time I was done.

re: this review - has anyone actually read the review and commented, or just used the score?

...pretty much what I expected. The basic formula is great, so they didn't tinker with it too much. Its a really pretty version of the original PS2 (gameplay) version. Some quotes:

"...brazenly wears its heritage on its sleeve, and chooses rejuvenation over innovation..."

"...first version to feature on-rails sections... they are really straightforward - shoot, dodge, shoot - but are magnificent to look at..."

"Overall: Intense, beautiful and accessible. A return to the series roots and a stellar game overall"

(this is probably the first PS3 game I wouldn't mind playing - wonder if one of my mates will pick it up...)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

If that's the case, I expect some sites to tear into this. MP3 got its score dropped just for being a sequel. It didn't matter if it was better than what came before it, just the fact that it was familiar was just enough to get points docked.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Rath said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170971

Warhawk = 9.0

Your looking at PSM, Im looking at PSM3.

You are looking at CVG man .

@Diomedes1976

yes but on the side of the review it says PSM3, so basically their USING PSM3's review

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

I thought this was going to be a Ratchet & Clank thread.

shams said:
sieanr said:
darthdevidem said:
10 hours is good

it's no MGS or FF

Try closer to 60. I was pretty slow, and clocked in around 70 by the time I was done.

re: this review - has anyone actually read the review and commented, or just used the score?

...pretty much what I expected. The basic formula is great, so they didn't tinker with it too much. Its a really pretty version of the original PS2 (gameplay) version. Some quotes:

"...brazenly wears its heritage on its sleeve, and chooses rejuvenation over innovation..."

"...first version to feature on-rails sections... they are really straightforward - shoot, dodge, shoot - but are magnificent to look at..."

"Overall: Intense, beautiful and accessible. A return to the series roots and a stellar game overall"

(this is probably the first PS3 game I wouldn't mind playing - wonder if one of my mates will pick it up...)

I'd average Zelda games at around 50 hours for the first palythrough, depending on what you do.   I know some people that finished TP in ~35 hours, and some taht took over 70.  I clocked in a little over 50, if I recall correctly, and I had only 3 heart peices left to find when I finished.

Of course, on a second playthrough, one could probably finish a Zelda game in under 30 hours easy.