By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What S-E has taken, Konami has returned.

Look

If they are planning an xmas price drop

they're not gonna tell you 2 months earlier are they.....lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Darc Requiem said:
makingmusic476 said:
Ishy said:
@ Jam, MGS4 will be a timed exclusive most probably.... remember MGS 2 went to xbox 1 even though at the time the PS2 had triple the sales of the XBox, so now that the 360 has more sales then PS3, they will definintly put it on the 360 at some point because they did that with MGS 2 to Xbox 1 and that had lower sales then the PS2

Yes, but MGS4 has Sony trademarked itemsin the game itself, much like MGS3 and the monkeys from Ape Escape. In MGS4, Snake uses a Sixaxis to control the little robot thing that Otacon gives him.

Tales of Symphonia has a dungeon with giant Gamecube in it. That didn't stop it from getting a PS2 port in Japan.

Ah, I did not know this.

Also there were easter eggs of PS1s in parts of Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid. When those were remade for the GC, those PS1s were replaced.

Now the sixaxis could be replaced with just the analog sticks on the 360 controller. It wouldn't have the motion sensing, but we could at least see him press buttons just a second after you do. Not stating that is proof of a port, just how one part could be done.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

darthdevidem said:
Look

If they are planning an xmas price drop

they're not gonna tell you 2 months earlier are they.....lol

........................ok.................

of COURSE they tell you 2 months earlier, that way the info can be spread, the whole plans with the stores can occur.

People will not just figure it that fast, it needs time to spread, its either now, or very soon that they need to announce the price drop

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

@Lost tears

No sales will stop now if people know there is a price drop in xmas

so 2 months PS3 sales will be very low.....

Stores may know by now, but telling consumers now is idiocy
maybe a week before but not 2 months before

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

@ soriku

what has flopped? the PS3? This Christmas is the first one for PS3 in Europe, just watch what happens. PS3 will sell just as much as 360 this christmas world wide.

Around the Network

@makingmusic it doesn't work that way, Sony has to deal with shareholders.

tombi123 said:
@ soriku

what has flopped? the PS3? This Christmas is the first one for PS3 in Europe, just watch what happens. PS3 will sell just as much as 360 this christmas world wide.

I don't disagree that PS3 and 360 sales could be similar once the dust settles after the Holidays...but really is that a good thing for Sony?

What I am saying is that coming into this generation they expected to be doing what the Wii is doing, so being some 6m consoles behind the 360 and selling about as well is not exactly what they were hoping for from their first X-mas with WW availability.

Does it mean they are out of the race? Of course not, but at this point it is pretty unlikely they are going to be dominating anything this generation, let alone any time soon. The real test to determine if the PS3 is a flop will be scored by the end of spring '08. By then most of the huge titles that were delayed will have been released and we will know if it made the difference it needs to.

Edit: PS - About the controller in Snakes hands, I don't see why that is really a big deal. If all they have to do is make a model and a texture for a 360 controller and replace it with the SIXAXIS controller its not exactly hard work to swap them. But just because they can doesn't mean they will.

To Each Man, Responsibility
darthdevidem said:
@Lost tears

No sales will stop now if people know there is a price drop in xmas

so 2 months PS3 sales will be very low.....

Stores may know by now, but telling consumers now is idiocy
maybe a week before but not 2 months before

Yes, but didnt he also say there will most likely wont be one for the rest of the year,  so i think he would of said it at a big event, and i think it would be a few weeks before, they need the info to spread etc,

ill take back what i said though (was kinda being an ass danm being pissed at other fanboys on GT!) it could happen, but you would think they would of released it at a big event

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

i think if there isnt a price drop for the ps3 they wont see sales equal to that of the 360 being people seeing the price and how many games available. but then again if the wii is available like nintendo says it will be we could easily see sales of both the 360 and ps3 being really low and boht mahines collecting dust. there are still lots and lots of people looking for wii's. a 360 fan last week tried the wii for the first time and instantly said i must have one of those.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

MGS4 won't come to the 360 because look how well the MGS2 did in sells on the Xbox. Besides the only reason people want it on the 360 is so they can take a PS3 exclusive away and most MGS fans aren't going to wait 2 or 3 more years to get a crappy port. I got the PS3 for this game and this game only and so did most of its fans hell I wouldn't be surprised if 70% of the people who have the PS3 got it for this game. If it goes on the 360 then it goes, but the full MGS experience is on the PS3.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills