By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Rock Band Unplugged - 8.2

Closing Comments
Rock Band Unplugged is a blast and I highly recommend it to people looking to jam on the go, but you do need to examine the cost/benefit side of things. Yes, the gameplay is amazing and a ton of fun, but this is well-worn territory of fans for the franchise. If playing World Tour gigs and hitting up Band Survival Mode every now and again is good enough for you -- and it is for me -- great. However, without any multiplayer you lose the true incentive to download new music and to keep this game forever and ever.

Again, the game is impressive, but it falls a bit short of the bar the franchise has set in the past.

Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
7.5 Presentation
For better or worse, it's the tried and true format and features of the Rock Band franchise, but the obsessive saves combined with lengthy loads stink.
8.0 Graphics
The game looks like Rock Band and the characters you can create look like true individuals if you try, but static animations are a disappointment.
9.0 Sound
The music sounds great, I love the fact that the instrument you're playing is just a bit louder than everything else, and I like the track list although I wanted more new tunes.
8.5 Gameplay
Unplugged is challenging, exciting and rewarding. When you get the hang of it, you feel like a badass. Still, World Tour is the same thing we've seen before.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
There are lots of gigs to play and songs to unlock in World Tour, and the music store is a nice touch. Still, it feels like stuff you've done before. Multiplayer would've been killer.
Impressive

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Good to see. All you people going "No instruments? FAIL!" should stuff it, and accept the game for what it is. Which seems to be quite good.

Around the Network

Sorry for the huge space inbetween, I can't seem to be able to remove it...

The songs are excellent!
But I don't think the load times are that bad, they are actually really fast imo.

AdventWolf said:
The songs are excellent!
But I don't think the load times are that bad, they are actually really fast imo.

it depends on your psp. mine looks very fast (PSP 3000)

Obviously IGN got modded Psp 1000

Rock Band Unplugged?  What system is it for? 

Around the Network

from the review it sounds like amplitude or frequency which is a good thing although only ever played the demo of them.

yo_john117 said:

Rock Band Unplugged?  What system is it for? 

PSP

PullusPardus said:
AdventWolf said:
The songs are excellent!

it depends on your psp. mine looks very fast (PSP 3000)

Obviously IGN got modded Psp 1000

Nah it runs very smooth on a 1000

reminds me of frequency and amplitude for the ps2. looks great.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka