By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo A.I.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/822/822337p1.html

"The AI vehicles were extremely aware of any passing tactics that we tried to pull off, swerving and fiercely cutting off advances that we or other cars tried to make."

Goos sign, to call previous GT ai blind idiots would be an understatment.

Around the Network

agreed

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

Well I guess that makes it one down one to go. Now if they can only get car damage in the haters can move onto realtime weather effects, and croweds that take a piss and shit at Daytona.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I could be wrong but I thought car damage was confirmed.

edit:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue To Feature Car Damage, Improved AI, Better Physics

I don't think the article explicitly states that its confirmed but I haven't read it yet, just searched on google right quick.

edit2: It does say there is a car damage system planned for the game but doesn't mention how in-depth or good it will be. So its a step in the right direction but not confirmation of a thorough system quite yet. To me it seems likely it will be good, since there is no reason to do a half-assed job on it when the fans clearly have made a point to request this feature.

To Each Man, Responsibility

If there is damage there will be an option to turn it off right?

I have always hated damage in racing games, they never get it right.

Around the Network

No clue, the article was pretty vague

To Each Man, Responsibility

As far as damage every part of the car is made like in real life. They did that for one reason, damage.

I think they should ask EA for the damage engine in Burnout because that engine is sick. Of course mabye Poly has something even better, in that case I will probably have to shit myself. All I care about is that this is going to be the sim racer to end all sim racers, and that is just awsome.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

EAs damage is way to fake for Pd, they are going for realism like always. Car nuts first gamers second, that is what sets GT apart from every other racer.

They promised better AI with GT3 and 4. In fact, I remember claims that drivers would have "emotion" in 3, and that if you passed a certain car, he would later try and screw you over.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"