By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Armored Core 4 PS3 vs X360 versions

Diomedes1976 said: The PS3 shot seems more defined .The robot is clearly superior and the lighting effects are better in the PS3 . Plus ,you cant know if the X360 frame rate drops in two missions until you see the X360 game and not only a demo dont you ? I think you like the X360 shot more because you are a fanboy . Just my opinion .
Most people seem to think the 360 version looks better Diomedes. I won't make a judgement until I can see both games in motion though.
Kwaad said: I dont think it's fair to compare multiplatform games right now. They were all built on the 360 originally. Meaning it will be more optimized, and squeeze more juice out of it. While the PS3 remains un-optimized... would be like just useing the sheer power of it, for a little less.
Kwaad, Armored Core 4 was launched on PS3 first. Its being ported from the PS3 to the 360. So that assessment doesn't apply here.

Around the Network

Darc Requiem said: Kwaad, Armored Core 4 was launched on PS3 first. Its being ported from the PS3 to the 360. So that assessment doesn't apply here.
Are you sure it was originally developed for the PS3 tho? Just because they release it on one console first don't mean much. Alot of the time... companies like... Sony pay, companies for an exclusive.. time. ;) It still might have been 'made' for a 360. Just the PS3 port was released first.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

The PS3 game was initially shown of as Project Force on 7/21/05. The 360 version of the game was first shown on 9/16/05. The PS3 game launched in Japan on 12/21/06. As far as I can tell their hasn't been any version of the 360 game released as of yet. Although I'm suspicious of the Japanese release date for 360. IGN has the 360 version of the games release set for 12/31/07....which could possibly be a typo. It doesn't make since for the 360 game to be launched in March in the US and Europe like the PS3 game but reach Japan 12 months later. It's quite possible that the game was developed on 360 first, but it was announced for PS3 first.

Diomedes1976 said: The PS3 shot seems more defined .The robot is clearly superior and the lighting effects are better in the PS3 . Plus ,you cant know if the X360 frame rate drops in two missions until you see the X360 game and not only a demo dont you ? I think you like the X360 shot more because you are a fanboy . Just my opinion .
lol i think you got them mixed up... the 360 pic is the one with the lighting effects, the pink circle around the rocket launcher shows that the light refraction from the engine.. which is missing on the PS3 picture. Though i don't believe screen shots are a fair comparison of the consoles.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gamingdevil said: Diomedes1976 said: The PS3 shot seems more defined .The robot is clearly superior and the lighting effects are better in the PS3 . Plus ,you cant know if the X360 frame rate drops in two missions until you see the X360 game and not only a demo dont you ? I think you like the X360 shot more because you are a fanboy . Just my opinion . Yeah that's why i'm getting a PS3 next month i suppose. And read the comments on the article... not a single one saying that the PS3 shot looks better...
Not a single co..... wait this is kotaku. http://image.kansai.com/kdc/26271/m2i63AuV.jpg look at this. There is no way you can really compare. The camera angles are different the perspective seems different. All I can Glean from the picture is that the PS3 has sharper texturs and the 360 shines with the post effects (exhaust from engines) It is likely that the exact same look could have been attained on each system. I am guessibg time and money is a factor. and gebx the rocket launcher are at different angles.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723