By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 > Killzone 2 this April in America (NPD)

deathgod33 said:
BMaker11 said:
deathgod33 said:
halo 3 is just plain and simple, a better fps than killzone 2

For some reason....I just don't agree with this. I'm pretty sure a lot of people bought Halo because Halo is the image of the Xbox. Otherwise, since it's at 10M (or nearing it) it's the best FPS ever to grace the world (but we all know that's not true)

COD4 is the best FPS to grace the world, in my opinion at least, but halo 3 takes a close 2nd place, and killzone 2 is just miles behind both.

I disagree, cod4 is overrated to me, and Killzone 2 is a better game than cod4 can ever be to my opinion.

mM
Around the Network

Im always amazed at people's reaction once they hear what they don't want to hear.

Pristine20 said:
disolitude said:

@Pristine20

I think I agree with you in saying that competitive aspect of halo is not really as good as COD (and I assume KZ2)...like I really dont care what my rank is or if I gain much XP. Its more about..."will I team kill this match...will I teabag enough...will I get an overkill (4 kills in 4 seconds)...will I trash talk after the match if we win...will I nail that sticky or jump with the Warthog jeep "...etc.

So if you are in to competitive gamplay and care about ranking up...Halo 3 may not be as good as COD4(or KZ2).

well, the clan system in kz2 is certainly very competitive. the valor system makes it that way. Most people who play kz2 also seem to care a lot about xp gained and their stats (cod4 to a much lesser extent) but that may be because everyone who bought the game is extremely hardcore while the rest sent hate mail to Guerilla complaining that the game wasn't Zone of Duty 4.

I'm pretty sure there are competitive aspects to Halo 3 as well. Don't they even have national championships for Halo? Yiou just happen to be a more casual player. With 10 million sold, there are bound to be tons of casuals.

Aslo, there is a misconception that kz2 is similar to cod4. as someone who's extensively played both, I'd be the first to tell you that they are very very different. I don't know why people think the games are similar.

I wouldn't call myslef casual...lol. Despite my constant dropping and betraying I still win more than 50% of the matches. Pretty much every match I decide to play for real I tend to win.

However when you get clowns as teamates, you have more fun pissing them off than trying to play competitive.

leo-j said:
deathgod33 said:
BMaker11 said:
deathgod33 said:
halo 3 is just plain and simple, a better fps than killzone 2

For some reason....I just don't agree with this. I'm pretty sure a lot of people bought Halo because Halo is the image of the Xbox. Otherwise, since it's at 10M (or nearing it) it's the best FPS ever to grace the world (but we all know that's not true)

COD4 is the best FPS to grace the world, in my opinion at least, but halo 3 takes a close 2nd place, and killzone 2 is just miles behind both.

I disagree, cod4 is overrated to me, and Killzone 2 is a better game than cod4 can ever be to my opinion.

Well Leo...It's 1.58 mil vs 11+ mil

Not surprised bout the whole sales situation but to have an article written up just for this? ...well i guess i shouldnt be surprised about the article since its gamespot afterall.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
disolitude said:

@Pristine20

I think I agree with you in saying that competitive aspect of halo is not really as good as COD (and I assume KZ2)...like I really dont care what my rank is or if I gain much XP. Its more about..."will I team kill this match...will I teabag enough...will I get an overkill (4 kills in 4 seconds)...will I trash talk after the match if we win...will I nail that sticky or jump with the Warthog jeep "...etc.

So if you are in to competitive gamplay and care about ranking up...Halo 3 may not be as good as COD4(or KZ2).

well, the clan system in kz2 is certainly very competitive. the valor system makes it that way. Most people who play kz2 also seem to care a lot about xp gained and their stats (cod4 to a much lesser extent) but that may be because everyone who bought the game is extremely hardcore while the rest sent hate mail to Guerilla complaining that the game wasn't Zone of Duty 4.

I'm pretty sure there are competitive aspects to Halo 3 as well. Don't they even have national championships for Halo? Yiou just happen to be a more casual player. With 10 million sold, there are bound to be tons of casuals.

Aslo, there is a misconception that kz2 is similar to cod4. as someone who's extensively played both, I'd be the first to tell you that they are very very different. I don't know why people think the games are similar.

Pristine20 said:
disolitude said:

you contradict yourself mate.

As far as I'm concerned kz2>>cod4>>>>>>halo 3. This isn't fanboyism. It took me 12 months to play cod4 online for 14 days. I've already played kz2 online for 13 days. KZ2's clan system is just excellent!

As for halo 3, I tried and tried to enjoy both halo 1,2 and 3 (I have an xbox and I live in the US, you can be sure that I have access to multiple 360s) but just never got the appeal of the series.

I went back to play cod4 recently and it just didn't feel as good anymore...hopefully MW2 has an ace up its sleeve.

Frankly, a smaller community has it's benefits. Those of us who played lots of sc4 online had that kind of bond. I'm starting to see recurring PSNs in KZ2, we'll see how it plays out.

You want People to Believe that you played the COD4 Campaign for 12 consecutive months?

Do you know how many People In COD4 restart their lvl to go tripple Prestige... or Even Higher Prestige than that?

11ht11 said:
Im always amazed at people's reaction once they hear what they don't want to hear.

I know, when KZ2 came out and matched the visuals in the E3 movie and turned out to be a great game, they stopped saying that KZ2 would suck and started saying that because it didn't sell like Halo, Xbox's biggest series, that it was a failure.  It's pathetic.  They're likely pissed because KZ2 looks so much better than Halo.  ^^ observe Zizzla obstinately going right back to sales.  If people want to talk quality, they can do that, and sales do not bear on that discussion.

News flash all, marketing for Halo > marketing for KZ.  MS made Halo its flagship so it damn well better sell.  KZ is nothing like that for Sony.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
11ht11 said:

I know, when KZ2 came out and matched the visuals in the E3 movie and turned out to be a great game, they stopped saying that KZ2 would suck and started saying that because it didn't sell like Halo, Xbox's biggest series, that it was a failure.  It's pathetic.  They're likely pissed because KZ2 looks so much better than Halo.  ^^ observe Zizzla obstinately going right back to sales.  If people want to talk quality, they can do that, and sales do not bear on that discussion.

News flash all, marketing for Halo > marketing for KZ.  MS made Halo its flagship so it damn well better sell.  KZ is nothing like that for Sony.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Mirson said:

I'm very disappointed with Sony. I mean, I was expecting the best and most powerful machine on the market today yet a lot of multiplats are inferior, and the PS3 has been losing its big exclusives. Sony lied. This is how it all started. It's an informative segment.

This needs to be quoted again.

Anyways and back on topic, it's just like football supporters, just nerdier. The referee always favors the other team, rivals are sworn enemies, the club is always right and always has a chance at winning at the start of the league, etc etc. Then things eventually get derailed, alcohol is added to the mix and finally there's property destruction (internet trolling).

Good Job Halo 3!!

The fun factor of Halo 3 is higher then KZ2 all because of system link split screen. 8 friends hanging out drinking beer and having pizza is better then any online experience! We recently have been changing it to 400% increase to jump and speed which is a trip. You see people getting to places you couldn’t think possible. It does have some flaws and doesnt look as good but who cares?? Halo 3 is still just a lot of fun… Even after all this time Halo 3 is a great game and you can tell by the number of people still playing it online.

@Loud_Hot_White_Box

i have no idea what you're talking about but ok