By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How big will The Conduit have to open to NOT have cries of "it's a bomb!"?

I hope it does very well but at the same time, I think for the most part only the truly hardcore know about this game. Maybe we'll see a lot of advertisement but who knows. I think 200,000 would be a very strong launch week and anything over 500,000 lifetime should be considered a success.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

The definition of The Conduit being a success in the eyes of forumgoers can be expressed as a mathematical formula, which is as follows:

a=b+1

Where a = the sales threshold at which The Conduit will be considered a success, and b = the final sales of The Conduit once it has sold its final copy anywhere, ever

Anything less than A, even one unit less, will cause forumgoers to consider the game an abject failure, and a prime example of the hostility of the Wii's market to third parties.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Well, I bleive that if they can sell 1-2 mill by the end of the year, that would shut a few people up.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

multi-player will save this game. even if the single player campaign is uninspired and repetitive (all signs point to yes), furious multiplayer with tight wii controls will be a riot

Depends i say probally around 150k for Americas first week is expectable for it to easily reach 1 M. Depends how much supply is there by Sega and if the game is actually as good as they say they are trying to make it. If it hits around 300k the first week it will be a multiplatinum game around probally 2.2M in all then. But if it sells around 500k the first week in NA then it could go as far as 3.8M WW, or it can just pull a Sonic and Mario at the Olympics and just sell tons every week in Europe.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

How about a mega hyped game sells more than 89k copies in first month (in the US)...because utter trash like Haze doing doing 91K it FIRST WEEK (in the US) makes said hyped game look like turbo trash

Sales =/= quality, but in terms of sales discussion...please at least do the above

less than 300k is a major bomb

I'd be happy with 50k lol, remember that keeping expectations low yields in better sex, I mean, sales figures.

It'll depend on what the buzz is online after launch. If enough of the right people cry bomb, it's a bomb. It's a new IP, but it has a lot of hype. I would say it has to sell at least 100+k first week. I'm not hearing any stories on groundbreaking presale orders, so this may be a bad sign.

IxisNaugus said:
Simulacrum said:
IxisNaugus said:
Didn't you guys hear? The Conduit already bombed. Crap controls, HORRIBLE graphics, there's just NO reason to buy it. Also, it's not M rated, WTF!? You cant be a shooter without being rated M! Killzone 2 for life.

Is that so.Well we gotta keep on living and hope for next big game for Wii.I think its Tales of something that will be released at 2011 here in europe.

no, its gonna be shit cuz its on wii. tales of vespra is way better then that shit looking tale game on wii. look @ tales of symhonia 2 on wii it got shit reveiws cause wii is shit. nd third party games dont sel on wii anyway this game will bomb so hard its NO WHER NEAR as good as killzone 2, cod4, cod5 ect. Hope for a wii game? hah! tales of ten is gonne be shit they should just put it on ps360. ps3 n 360 for lyfe.

Why don't you just shut the fuck up, you fanboy troll? The Wii has plenty of great games, and your inane ramblings do nothing but convince other people that you're a moron.