By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spielberg - Console platforms to go “the way of the Dodo bird”

shinyuhadouken said:
V-r0cK said:
He's just jealous that more games are starting to doing better than his movies lol

and you're just jealous, since you won't inherit his $2 billion.

yea cuz inheritting a celebrity's money is what everybody thinks these days lol sorry i dont wishful think that way but maybe you do i guess if it makes you happy.

Around the Network

Mr Speilberg please stick to making movies , we won't tolerate non-video game veterans making predictions about the gaming industry, we will not.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
disolitude said:
The year Sega makes a comeback and releases another awesome console is the year consoles will die. Just watch... Sega is not allowed to have success in the console industry. The Iluminati have decided...

I'm suddenly picturing a bunch of guys drinking beer around a large table singing the stonecutters "We do" song from the Simpsons

Yep...this is how things get decided in our world. And since I know this and they know I know this...this will probably be my last postttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

NJ5 said:
V-r0cK said:
He's just jealous that more games are starting to doing better than his movies lol

I bet his movies make more profit than most game companies, many of which are losing money.

This is the same guy who raped Indiana Jones And he's probably upset because a lot of other games have been selling better than his Boom Blox. I don't own the game myself, but it doesn't seem to interest me that much. Is it (the game) like Jenga or something?

shio said:
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
We all know PC gaming is going to take over the entire industry, so that's probably what Spielberg was saying.

No sir. Read it again. He's talking about streaming games through television sets, essentially cloud gaming.

Also your assumption is funny considering consoles and handhelds are both growing exponentially every generation. Got any proof there is decline there that will not also affect PC gaming?

And isn't that exactly what Onlive (among others) is trying to do?

PC has the biggest chance for a great future because everyone needs a PC, and PC gaming has already gone digital for the most part. And the fact that it is an open platform means if TV makers ever decide to do what Spielberg said they would probably choose PC-compatibility because it does not require to pay any royalties to console makers.

You can word it a thousand ways. It's still not what he was saying.

Do you actually intend to address where any discernible proof is that console and handheld gaming might be on the decline to where PC gaming could take over completey? All I see are three very healthy industries.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
I am guessing it won't be to longer before either;

A. Developers say FU to MS, Nintendo, and Sony, and go out to other companies to create a single platform for console game development.

B. Sony or Microsoft, will open their platform to all manufactiures, and give up sole ownership. Inthis case the party that moves first will get all 3rd Party dev support, because it is the only sensable financial move.

I am tierd of explaning this so if you want more info go see Squilliams Consoles are monopolistc piles of crap thread.

Yeah, because developers would be able to get together and create one unified platform that would benefit them all equally, and there would be no disagreements, because as developers none of them have personal interests. Also, the companies that create consoles would just roll over and say "okay, have fun!'

Right.

Why don't we just pretend that greed is dead and roast marshmallows around a campfire?

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!