By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spielberg - Console platforms to go “the way of the Dodo bird”

The year Sega makes a comeback and releases another awesome console is the year consoles will die. Just watch... Sega is not allowed to have success in the console industry. The Iluminati have decided...

Around the Network

I agree...i mean eventually their won't be videogame consoles because they will be replaced with virtual reality chips that let you do whatever you want in your mind and make it feel like real life....

But when i think about it that could be really dangerous...what if some twisted soul decides to go on a sick killing spree in his virtual reality thing but something goes wrong and it doesn't work so he ends up doing the killing spree in real life without knowing it...

yo_john117 said:
I agree...i mean eventually their won't be videogame consoles because they will be replaced with virtual reality chips that let you do whatever you want in your mind and make it feel like real life....

But when i think about it that could be really dangerous...what if some twisted soul decides to go on a sick killing spree in his virtual reality thing but something goes wrong and it doesn't work so he ends up doing the killing spree in real life without knowing it...

Don't worry, in real life Robocop will take care of the guy.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

We all know PC gaming is going to take over the entire industry, so that's probably what Spielberg was saying.

yes, video game consoles one day will cease to exist, but in my opinion Spielberg will cease to exist first ;)

Around the Network
shio said:
We all know PC gaming is going to take over the entire industry, so that's probably what Spielberg was saying.

No sir. Read it again. He's talking about streaming games through television sets, essentially cloud gaming.

Also your assumption is funny considering consoles and handhelds are both growing exponentially every generation. Got any proof there is decline there that will not also affect PC gaming?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Lafiel said:

yes, video game consoles one day will cease to exist, but in my opinion Spielberg will cease to exist first ;)

He's already done. I don't think anyone will let him near a movie set after what he did to Indy...

disolitude said:
Lafiel said:

He's already done. I don't think anyone will let him near a movie set after what he did to Indy...

That was brutal. Unfortunately Speilberg can just fund his own movies at this point, so there isn't a soul on this planet that can stop him. Let's hope Indy was a fluke, or at least too much George Lucas influence.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Uh.....what? Has he seen how much the industry has grown over the last decade? If this generation is any indicator, home consoles are here to stay. When you see a generation do worse than the last, we might have something to worry about.

Spielberg...man....I respect you a lot, but stick to what you are best at.

perpride said:

Spielberg...man....I respect you a lot, but stick to what you are best at.

Boom Blox?