By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 fails to crack 1 million units in US

MrBubbles said:
they shouldnt have released the demo. the poor controls and aiming turned people off, reducing the sales.

Well at least someone understands it wasn't the greatest thing to hit the planet since Super Mario Bros.  Sure it was a good game but my goodness people have some modesty. 

Sales so far aren't that bad considering sales have been pretty slow lately overall.  PAL sales seem to be holding a lot better.  Maybe in America it can hold til October/November timeframe and get some boosts.  But then it will be competing with Modern Warfare 2 so who knows.

Around the Network

Quite possibly the best selling game disappointment ever.

On average 677,000 in US sales would be a great thing but with a development budget nearing blockbuster movie status....it's incredibly disappointing.

Considering the immense amount of money that was invested in Killzone 2 over the 4-5 years that it's been in development, it should be much better than it is.

ESPECIALLY IN THE USA .....LAND OF THE SHOOTERS.

Zucas said:
MrBubbles said:
they shouldnt have released the demo. the poor controls and aiming turned people off, reducing the sales.

Well at least someone understands it wasn't the greatest thing to hit the planet since Super Mario Bros.  Sure it was a good game but my goodness people have some modesty. 

Sales so far aren't that bad considering sales have been pretty slow lately overall.  PAL sales seem to be holding a lot better.  Maybe in America it can hold til October/November timeframe and get some boosts.  But then it will be competing with Modern Warfare 2 so who knows.

Who thinks this exactly?

@ TheTruthProphet

This posts looks very stupid because the rest of the thread has been discussing for quite some time. And KZ2 did not take 4 years to develop.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^ you dont find it redundant that Sony would pay itself royalties? Sony owns them. Sony doesnt have to pay its own business for its own work.

outlawauron said:
Zucas said:
MrBubbles said:

Who thinks this exactly?

@ TheTruthProphet

This posts looks very stupid because the rest of the thread has been discussing for quite some time. And KZ2 did not take 4 years to develop.

Oh don't act innocent.  Lying to me never gets anyone anywhere.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
^ you dont find it redundant that Sony would pay itself royalties? Sony owns them. Sony doesnt have to pay its own business for its own work.

You might want to re-word that. You just said that Sony doesn't pay their employees.

(Note: They don't receive direct money from the sales of the game, rather that they money from the game covers the money spent on paychecks, vacations, benefits, etc.)

Zucas said:
outlawauron said:
Zucas said:
MrBubbles said:

Who thinks this exactly?

@ TheTruthProphet

Wait, you seriously think I think that KZ2 is the greatest thing since Super Mario Bros? Really?

outlawauron said:
Zucas said:
outlawauron said:
Zucas said:
MrBubbles said:

Who thinks this exactly?

@ TheTruthProphet

Wait, you seriously think I think that KZ2 is the greatest thing since Super Mario Bros? Really?

Well if you got that from my post then you seriously need to re-read it.  Because obviously you took it the wrong way.  Not my fault haha.  For some help remember what your question to me was.  Then look at my response.  There was never a "you" mentioned.

^ bonuses ect ect. but every company does that when the royalties come. but still the money they give employees doesnt take up all of the money. the company keeps some. and the money the company is keeping is basically the money sony is saving by owning the business

So, when KZ2 will succeed in cracking 1 mln. in US, what will be the point of THIS thread? :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far