By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Walkthroughs. Is It A Form Of Cheating.

I mean I do use them but only as a last resort.

After trying to finish a mission for maybe 10 days I will check it out.

Funny enough 7 times out of 10 having looked one up I find it just confirms what I wasalready doing.

So do you use them and if so are you cheating?

I kinda feel if I have to use one I have cheated a little bit.

Around the Network

I will only resort to walkthroughs on second or later play throughs. Also note that purely strategy games do not apply (i.e. Civilization, MOO, Sim City, etc.)

yes i feel it is form of cheating, especially if you use it for games like professor leyton or any game involving puzzles, i am guilty of resorting to walkthoughs myself, sometimes i just don't have the time to wander around aimlessly in a game like i used to.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

hmm
in a way yes it can be cheating

Still you know what I mean.
You are really stuck yet want to carry on as you are enjoying the game.
I mean do you put the game away.

Around the Network

walkthroughs are useful on some games.
for instance, adventure games can sometimes be completely obscure in their puzzlery (i know it's not a word).

like if something was interactive but you didn't know because it made no sense whatsoever.
I totally know what you mean by it telling you to do something you were already doing. I *ing hate that. especially when it is some kind of programming fault, and not really yours.

I use them for some things and I would sometimes call it cheating. But excuse me for not wanting to spend 10 hours trying to find something in Zelda when the whole time all I had to do was talk to some farmer in some building.

But who are we cheating? Ourselves from the gaming experience? if you like to use them to get through a game all to ya, if not its just a good.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

depends how well the walkthru is made

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Sometimes they're necessary for completion, would like to see somebody get all the pigeons in GTAIV on their own. Its virtually impossible.

I don't really use walktroughs only for games where you have to find 100's of a particular item.