By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Resort: New "sports"

http://gonintendo.com/?p=82880#comments

"So let me get this straight. Wii Sports Resort is going to feature enhanced versions of Golf and Table Tennis…two games that we already got in Wii Play and Wii Sports?"

Man, these videos are hard to watch!!! I cant get to the begining of the video again without f***** everything!

UPDATE - THANK GOD, a better link for the videos! http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=16366

UPDATE 2 - What´s the deal with the Slow Motion stuff? Maybe someone can translate it, but i think they are saying "Hey, Wii Motion PLus is cool, but you know what´s cooler? WATER BALOONS IN SLOW MOTION!!!! LETS WATCH EM!"

Around the Network
maykissthebride said:

"So let me get this straight. Wii Sports Resort is going to feature enhanced versions of Golf and Table Tennis…two games that we already got in Wii Play and Wii Sports?"

While I suspect you meant this to be a criticism of the game, if true this just moved it from a maybe buy, to a for sure buy for me. I have really wanted an enhanced version of wii sports golf, and the other golf games that have appeared on the wii just haven't done it for me.

oo nice Golf in Wii Sports was my 2nd fav game, after bowling

astrosmash said:
maykissthebride said:

While I suspect you meant this to be a criticism of the game, if true this just moved it from a maybe buy, to a for sure buy for me. I have really wanted an enhanced version of wii sports golf, and the other golf games that have appeared on the wii just haven't done it for me.

Well... if you had followed the link, you could see i was just quoting the fat guy from GoNintendo (love that fat guy). He said that.

Anyway, i was already sold on the Kendo thing alone. To me the other sports dosent matter much.

But im really following this game, and i gotta tell you, it is a bit of disappointment do see that of the "new" sports, some are just remakes of old ones.

And its specially sad that one of them is golf, since we got Tiger Woods Plus before Wii Sports Resort.

It aint killing Resorts for me, but if the 3 games still hidden one of them turns out to be tennis, then we will get pretty angry.

Dont care for golf because I got Super Swing Golf 2. I doubt Im getting two WM+. To hell with Water Ski and Dog game.

Im just getting WM+ alone I dont need WSR.

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
Dont care for golf because I got Super Swing Golf 2. I doubt Im getting two WM+. To hell with Water Ski and Dog game.

what about when friends come over that want to play motion+ games w u?

arsenal009 said:
Valkyria00 said:

what about when friends come over that want to play motion+ games w u?

I doubt many multiplayer games are gonna use WM+. If any I want use it I guess i'll get a second but I think its gonna be focused for single player for now. RS2 and Zelda Wii<---It better.

I dont even need a WM+ until RS2 comes anyways.

This isn't just a port of an old sport. This is going to be remade from the ground up for Wii Motion+. This is going to be amazing.

And the new enhanced ping pong IS the new improved version of Wii Sports Tennis. Now instead of it paying attention to angle and rotation while your swing gesture makes the character swing, you'll control the speed of the swing in real time, and have more subtle angle and location control. And that's assuming they've added nothing else to the gameplay.

@valkyria

What about Virtua Tennis or Grand Slam Tennis? I'm guessing ur not into tennis games?

arsenal009 said:
@valkyria

What about Virtua Tennis or Grand Slam Tennis? I'm guessing ur not into tennis games?

For sports like those I prefer something a but more arcadey or just with a different aesthetic. Something that doesnt take itself to serious you know.

SSG2 has a cute cool Japanese look to it. Its actually pretty deep but the look and feel is awesome and not serious. So I'll just wait for something like in a tennis game. Be it the next real Mario Tennis or something  else. Not VT or GST. Luckily in golf games you can just share a controller.