By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Source's Baseball Predictions

Summaro400ex said:
I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who just don't want it to happen but the Yankees will in fact go all the way. The Yankees vs. Cleveland this year are 6-0, against the Red Sox they are 10-8 and are 5-1 for their last 6. The angels like always have given them some trouble but the Yankees are HOT right now and have been since the all star break. Since the All Star break they are 46-22 which is .676 which is the best of any team. Interleague play they are 10-8 and I'm sorry but the NL is looking more and more like a minor league rather than a major league, just look at how many errors the league leading Mets have committed recently.With Mussina, Pettite, Wang, Clemens, Hughes, and Kenedy all healthy and on top of their game right now, along with the Joba sensation with the veteran Rivera to close it up and a HUGE bullpen for support as well as the AL MVP A-Rod who has defined clutch this season along with Mr. October Jeter, and Posada with his break out year, Cano's dominance in the field and at the plate and everyone else, the Yankees are definately the front runner.

The Yankee's are always hot going into the postseason, yet the angels have simply owned them in these last five years or so.  If the yanks have to face the angels, the yanks can kiss their postseason dreams goodbye!

I have a hard time seeing any NL team winning it all this year, but you never know (look at last year's Cardinals).  That's why they play the games.

Around the Network

Cubs over Angels in 6 games.

as good as a sure thing!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Will the Rockies ever lose again?

Will the Mets ever win again?

Stay tuned to MLB 2007' to find out...same time each day until Sunday!

Fearless Predictions (...that are changed every day):

Mets (90-72)

Phillies (89-73)

Braves (85-77)

Cubs (87-75)

Brewers (85-77)

Arizona (90-72)

Rockies (88-74) 

Padres (87-75)

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I hope the Brewers make it this year as I am getting sick of all their losing and plus I will be at Saturday's game so they better still have a chance then. The Brewers do have good odds to make it given that they are at home and the Cubs are on the road and Milwaukee has the best home record in the NL.

Mariners win the world series..oh wait we're not in the playoffs...

BTW Padres are doomed. 2/3 of outfield injured ..

Milton Bradley? Brotha settle the fuck down your a professional..nice rolemodel for the children...

that was a freakish game..Cameron and Bradley BOTH out...

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

NL Playoff Prediction:

Mets will go 2-2 or 1-3 the final games. 

Phillies will go 3-1 or 4-0 the final games.

That means Phillies win 89 and Mets win 89 as I see it.

On Monday, they'll face off for the division in a one game playoff.  Phillies will win it.

Brewers are back it in now, so they'll play the Padres tough.  That will allow the D backs (90-72) to win the NL West, and the Rockies to sneak in as the wildcard (89-74).  Padres will win ~88 games.

Cubs will win the division because Brewers-Padres will be a split.  Cubs will win ~86 games

Playoffs 

Philly vs Mets

then... 

Philly vs Rockies

Arizona vs. Cubs

Phillies over Rockies in 5 (4 of which are huge offensive games - the exception: when Francis faces Hamels)

Cubs over Arizona in 5 (Zambrano loses to Webb twice, Cubs win behind Marshall, Lilly, Hill)

Phillies over Cubs in 7 (Hamels-Moyer-Hamels-Lohshe win, Zambrano, Zambrano, Hill win)

AL:

Yankees vs. Cleveland - Cleveland in 5

Red Sox vs. Angels - Angels in 5

Cleveland over Angels in 7

Cleveland over Phillies in 7  

- Lao Tzu

Source: Why do you think the Indians would beat the Yankees? This season they are 0-6 against them, being outscored 49 to 17.

assuming everyone finishes the way things are now; what would the brackets look like? Who would play who?

Update:

Phillies & Mets tied.  3 games to go.  Mets are 11-22 vs. NL East, Phillies are 10-5 against Nats I think.

Predicted outcome:  Mets win one more game.  Phillies win two more.

NL Central:

Cubs (Padres seem invincible right now)

NL West:

Colorado may in fact be the team of destiny this year if it can run the table.  Otherwise - hell of a run, but Padres and Arizona make it I think if the Rockies lose even one game (Padres as WC).

Estimated Win totals:

AZ: 91-71

SD: 90-72

Philly: 89-73

Cubs: 85-77

Playoffs:

Padres vs. Phillies

Cubs vs. Arizona

Yankees vs. Cleveland

Red Sox vs. Angels

Ranking the elite 8 (using the above teams) in overall talent:

Yankees (super hitting, decent pen, decent sp)

Rockies (good hitting, good pen, good sp, excellent plays in the field - only 65 errors!!)

Cleveland (good sp, bad pen vs. good hitters, good hitting)

Angels (fast, good pen, good contact - no power, good sp)

Red Sox (avg pen in the middle, good sp, good line up)

Phillies (very good hitting, awful pen, good def, streaky sp, most come from behind wins in mlb)

Padres (good sp, excellent bp, decent hitters - little pop or speed)

Cubs (either excellent or awful sp, decent rp, low average, but good power hitters, some speed, bad d)

- Lao Tzu

i was doubting the Rockies but they're playing some amazing ball right now.

Poor Mets Fans :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY