By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you expect to hear and see/demo at E3 this year?(It's in July for those who do know not May)

Around the Network

I expect that people will come out of E3 talking about how it was the "Nintendo Show" ... The reason for this is it will seem like practically every newly announced game was either a Nintendo DS or a Wii game ... On Sony's front Final Fantasy XIII will be shown in video form again, MGS will be playable with a 2008 release date, Killzone 2 will be playable and will look nice but be no where near the quality of the E3 2005 video ... People will ask "Where's the PSP?" On Microsoft's front Microsoft will announce a price drop of the priemium 360 to $300 and the introduction of a new HD-DVD version for $400; Halo 3 will impress ...

I think they will all have a good show but as Squrriel said Nintendo will take it Nintendo: Will most likely announce the most new games period out of all the three and everone know that everyone want the release dates of the "Big Three", but besides that I think some big third party compaines will make some surprise news and announce games no one expected to see come to the Wii. The DS will also have a huge number aof game annoucements. Sony:Sony's main thing will be Home, then you will see MGS4 will be delayed, and Killzone will be there too. Nothing new on the PSP maybe they will confirm or deny the "New PSP" rumor. Microsoft:Halo 3 mostly, then the confirmation or denial of the name system replacing the Premium and the premium replacing the Core.

There is some speculation here based off of news and rumors we have heard recently. My money is on Nintendo and Sony dropping some new titles and information about titles. Additional features are going to be touted by sony while additional channels and VC titles and Internet options are brought to the table by nintendo. MS expecting Nintendo and Sony to be dropping new information will have a few cards up thier sleeves. New functionality concerning IPTV and titles are going to be put forth. I am expecting news bombs from each of the major companies. News will drive the sites crazy.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Nintendo will put on the best show, both because they'll be leading in game announcements, but also because they're going to continue to focus on E3 as a major event moreso than Sony especially. They'll show off a tiny amount of Animal Crossing Wii for the first time, and put a date on Metroid. A handful of Smash Bros. characters and more Mario footage will be shown off, but both games will go mysteriously undated. Nintendo will also show all their cards with regards to online... For which they'll get mixed reviews... Wii Health Pack will be shown off, but Wii Music strangely absent. And the third party announcements will roll in for Wii. DS will be the star of the show, with at least one game announcement that knocks people's socks off, and several new "touch generations" games slated for the holidays. Sony will have another new game on the calibur of LittleBigWorld, slated for late 2008. LittleBigWorld itself will continue to blow people away. Home's near-complete form will be shown off, but hype will be stymied a little bit, with the main criticism being that while its a solid tool for developers, it doesn't look to be a very interesting or smooth user experience. While previously announced games like Killzone won't approach the graphical level of trailers, some new games shown will cause the games press to collectively shit a brick from their collective ass. PSP will have a very weak show and be declared "Gamecube'd." Peter Moore may have reason to show off a new tattoo... Maybe several. More and more franchises exclusive to PS2 will now be PS360 games, and some will even get timed exclusivity on 360. Though by then, pretty much everyone will already know the details, the slimmed-down version of 360 will be shown off, along with a price cut in time for the holidays. Microsoft will really push games like Banjo, and be met by a collective "meh." They'll also continue to push downloadable games and microtrans content, but by then people will think Nintendo and Sony have essentially caught up with XBLA. But they'll be happy that XBL subscription rates will be slashed, even as new multi-media and multiplayer gaming services are announced. The game of the show will once again be Spore, then almost complete. It will have playable demos of several levels and editors.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

The most interesting thing about E3 2007 will be seeing if major third parties jump ship. I remember thinking as late as E3 1997 for instance that Square would still make Final Fantasy VII for the Nintendo 64, because reports from March 1997 of that year said the game was 50-60% complete. However, it turned out that game was scrapped for N64 and released for Playstation 1. To me, that was the point at which I realized Sony would win that generation. In terms of big announcements, I think Nintendo 'wins', then Microsoft, then Sony. I'm keeping my eye on the following 10 companies for things that interest me... Nintendo Capcom Square-Enix Namco Sega Microsoft Konami Ubi Soft Activision Tecmo In my dream world, Nintendo would bring about a 3D Kid Icarus with levels designed around flying and greek mythology...Capcom would announce Viewtiful Joe Wii and Okami Wii - and both would be good. Square would make FF multiplatform from now on, giving 360 online extras, PS3 an online timed exclusive, and the Wii version voice-command activated magic and motion controls. Dragon Quest X would be on Wii. Namco would put out American style games for 360, PS3 would get Tales, Tekken..Wii would get good new IP, all three get a new Soul Calibur. Sega would revive NIGHTS...for any platform..I'd buy any system for that game. Microsoft would somehow get MGS4 as a timed exclusive in Japan to compliment its 2007 holiday lineup in Japan, to actually gain a foothold in that market..Ubi Soft, Tecmo and Activision would announce new IP for each of the consoles.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Final Fantasy 13 will be announced for Wii Kingdom Hearts sequel for Wii or DS Sega revives Shenmue for PS3 and/or Wii Metal Gear Sold 4 goes to XBOX360 Sony announces something PSP hardware-related Other major announced

I'm expecting... HOME, Little Big World, Killzone2, Resistance: Rise of Man, Reistance: PSP. Announce a few new games in the works. I expect FF13, VS13, for PS3. I think Sony is gonna bring E3 home. Nintendo needs some good news... Mostly games. However all the early 2007 Wii games are now gone... They will be at E3 now. No big deal. They were there last year too. I dont see too much from nintendo besides announcing a franchise revival or two.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

But i don't knoe if youguys are aware that E3 will be held in July this year, on a uch smaller scale

melbye said: But i don't knoe if youguys are aware that E3 will be held in July this year, on a uch smaller scale
We know ... It was scaled back to make it far more press focused (rather than how open to the public it has been in previous years). E3 is still the only North American gaming event where every company can demonstrate a game to both the dedicated gaming press as well as the general media ... In other words, E3 is the only opportunity to release information to both gamers and the general public as a whole.