By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seven Minutes of, "This is on the DS??"

.... And then there is Sakaguchi's SJRPG :

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25082.html

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

It's nice to see some higher res textures on the ds. How does the game play though?

Wow, the game looks gorgeous and really fun.

epsilon it shows gameplay.  It's KH style action RPG 

Man and I thought Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart were the technical peaks for the DS. Very impressive.

naznatips said:

epsilon it shows gameplay. It's KH style action RPG

Oh, I probably should've watched more than a few seconds of it

Around the Network
epsilon72 said:
naznatips said:

epsilon it shows gameplay. It's KH style action RPG

Oh, I probably should've watched more than a few seconds of it

I don't blame you.  I got tired of Japanese text I couldn't read and skipped to the gameplay parts myself haha.

I am probably the biggest Tales fan here. And I'm going to say this is in fact, 100% right. It is a DS game. Anyone saying the contrary (or merely DOUBTING this) after reading this confirmation is stupid. Now, I remember reading a while back in other forums that people weren't so enthusiastic at another main Tales of game for the DS after Tempest (which I haven't played but general opinion is that it's the worst Tales of). I knew though, that this would be better, and it doesn't disappoint in my opinion.

Now, if this has DS co-op multiplayer like Tales of Symphonia and Tales of The Abyss, then it'll be complete gold. My only regret is that this game is being made by Namco Tales Studio, but by Alpha Systems (which should be good anyway, these are the guys that made Tales of The World: Radiant Mythology which is a game I do not yet own due to living in South America but I will have it someday). And for future reference, remember that Namco stated that the main Tales of games from now on will be mostly on the DS (just like the PS1 and PS2 for their time).

with games that looks this good from Japanese developers and games like dementium and cod 4 from western devs I'm beggining to wonder if the ds could handle an acceptable port of the original half-life, that'd be neat
it's also nice to see that final fantasy 4 looks a lot better than final fantasy 3, I remember people claiming that the ds could barely handle that game (which in and of itself is an idiotic statement.)

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To The Living Shadow^^ You are not the biggest Tales fan here... I am. I own all games in the series, I have beaten them, and I even have some of the games' soundtracks. I also replay them over and over again. With that said, it is nice to see that there are some more Tales fans besides me on this site! I do not post much at all though. By the way, Temptest is the worst game in the series, lol, but this one looks great. I hope that they get the spells right too.

Hey that game looks sweet. Check out ASH if you havne't. I heard it was gonna be first game to use 2 gigabit cartridge.