By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE will be the next huge FPS IP

See my avatar to see if Rage interests me.

Around the Network

I think it will be a decent game but nothing huge.

I don't really like the gameplay structure where the racing area is like an 'open world' hub, where you drive from point A to B which are like instances traditional id style corridor shooter areas).

It works great in an RPG but somehow it does feel artificial and stiff in this Mad Max-type of game with lots of racing. Drive around a desert - enter dungeon and shoot monsters - back up above ground to drive - repeat cycle.

Technically I doubt the engine will be anything less than stellar. As for the game? Well, Id have never been consistent at churning out AAA titles.

Still, I like the idea of the mix of FPS/vehicles and implied open nature of the world. It certainly has a different vibe to it than most FPS orientated titles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

been watching this game for a while . cant wait to hear more

I dunno, anything ID just screams "1990s!" at me.

Around the Network

I really wish ID would actually try and hype this game a bit more.

They seem to think that the gaming world always remembers them and will support their stuff forever. Gaming generations phase in and out. They need to tap all the Gears of Wars/Killzone/Resistance/COD fans on the shoulder and show them more about the game, otherwise nobody will care.

Me. I care. I will get this.

The new id tech 5 engine looks very impressive, but somehow I fink the grafix style and the screenshots they've released from Rage so far look very unpleasant. The characters turn me off.

Look at mevildan's avatar for example lol.

Could be...at least until Half-Life 3 or Crysis 2 is announced.

This is nice:

But these are unpleasant (although there' probably meant to be lol):

looks amazing. If i worked at sony or ms i'd be trying to snatch up exclusivity on this before it gets popular

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama