By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE will be the next huge FPS IP

We will have to wait until the E3.

Around the Network

I'm getting tired of FPS so I'm not hyped up for this game. Rage will REALLY have to blow me away for me to consider buying it.

I'm not expecting this game to be big at all.

SnakeEyez said:
I'm getting tired of FPS so I'm not hyped up for this game. Rage will REALLY have to blow me away for me to consider buying it.

pretty much agree

slowmo said:
infamous8 said:
gergroy said:
You are going to be dissapointed.

explain...

You talk about the pedigree of ID as if they've been churning out AAA titles for the last decade, which they haven't.  ID are without doubt incredible at building game engines and Rage's will be fantastic but that doesn't guarantee a good game.  While the Doom 3 engine (ID Tech4?) was revolutionary at the time (although Source stole it's limelight), the final game was simply good and certainly not a classic.  Quake 4 they farmed out to Raven Software and I cannot personally remember any huge games since then from the doors of ID Software. 

While the poster was being pessimistic to the extreme he does have a point that this may not prove to be anything other than a stunning looking yet average shooter.  I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong though and hopefully I've explained my opinion in a way that matches the previous posters thoughts too.

Yep, those were my thoughts exactly.  ID is a good developer of game engines, but they haven't really excelled in game design for about a decade.  I was just trying to say based on the op's enthusiasm for the game, he will more than likely be dissapointed.

Around the Network

infamous8 said:

anyone else looking forward to this game? I think it will blow people away at E3, even though nobody is talking about it right now.

I would probably expect more from Quake Con than E3 to be honest. id have never had a massive presence there. Still id Tech 5 will no doubt turn heads. It already looks amazing adn I cannot wait for some good old fashion FPS even though there is a bit of vehicle play in there.

EDIT: It's id. Not Id, or ID or iD. Just plain id.

Tweak said:

infamous8 said:

anyone else looking forward to this game? I think it will blow people away at E3, even though nobody is talking about it right now.

I would probably expect more from Quake Con than E3 to be honest. id have never had a massive presence there. Still id Tech 5 will no doubt turn heads. It already looks amazing adn I cannot wait for some good old fashion FPS even though there is a bit of vehicle play in there.

EDIT: It's id. Not Id, or ID or iD. Just plain id.

a little OCD are we?  lol :)

Not usually OCD but this one just irritates me. If you have ever played an id game you would see the logo is always small case. Dunno how people come up with all these variations.

I officially dont want anyone to give crap about ID ever again, uncompressed this game is 1 tb compressed it fits on 2 xbox dvd's or one blue-ray

THEY ARE FREAKS

:)

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I'm not expecting a ground breaking game simply because id is behind it. But I still look froward to playing it.