By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - random tidbits on 360, halo, and wii on amazon

a friend from microsoft is encouraging me to buy a 360, along with a copy of halo3.  he said he could get me the employee's discount--

$100 for the 360, $10 for the game.

not sure what version of the console though.

i heard about this from a friend, who read it on a forum, so i don't know how much truth there is to it.  so as you know, wii prices on ebay is still way above the $250 MSRP.  here's what i heard: one active buyer of amazon  wiis received a phone call from an amazon representative.

"we notice that you are buying a lot of wiis.  would you be interested in buying them in bulk?  we can provide you with a discount."

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  if you say yes... you'll be flagged by amazon and your account will be suspended. 

or so the story goes. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

I could see them doing that to someone who buys a lot of Wiis from them. Amazon likely makes very little profit off the Wii hardware and most of their profit off the sale of additional games and peripherals the average buyer purchases with the system. People who are buying lots of Wiis are likely reselling them so chances are they're not buying any games or peripherals which can easily be found everywhere else so it's basically screwing Amazon out of money.

Amazon probably has a no reseller policy just for that reason (especially to protect themselves when they have loss leader items) so they could call someone up, ask them if they want to buy in bulk, and if so they can reasonably argue that the preson is a reseller and it gives them the reason they're looking for to ban the person.

Easy stories to evade banning:

-I run a large church youth group and we furnish the youth room with consoles to provide youth with something fun to hang out and do

-I run a teen club and we have a large section of the venue set up for arcade-esque videogaming

-I run a fitness center and we are trying a new approach toward bringing in new customers

-I run *such and such* and we use the consoles for *such and such*.

It's really not that hard.

SW-5120-1900-6153