By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 starter pack unveiled

W29 said:
Shouldn't they lower the price rather than pack stuff in knowing that the consumer still has to pay $600.

It's likely that they're having trouble moving software with the low hardware selling rate so this is a way for them to move inventory.

Also, this leaves the "OMG PRICE DROP!!!1" strategy a viable option down the road.

Around the Network

And IT kinda comes down to savings.... so, they don't make the normal profit off software sales and just pay the dev cost, but that (90 pounds) is 70 bucks cheaper than doing the 160 pounds off as someone said they'd buy it for.

Somewhat a non factor since it doesn't change the price to consumers, but does this help or harry the argument that PS3 is selling below cost to be good to us?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

If only could buy a package without Motorstorm. I hate driving-games, except for Mario Kart ofcouse

Sony is putting news starter pack and NO price drop
cause :

they cannot afford it ?
they are waiting for good games to make a combo :
unchartred/GT5pro + price drop later this year ?
or maybe MGS4/Killzone2 + price drop in 2008 ?

Time to Work !

They cant make a price drop yet in Europe. That Ps3 came out I think march 26 they cant make price drop after 6 months here. They dropped the price of the ps3 in US after 8 months but they were desperate. But the best would be if they dropped the price in Europe in November for christmas. It is simple if you think that ps3 is to expensive dont buy many people have chosen not to do it. You cant really complain when you get a offer like this they are still losing money on the ps3. They are trying their best to take down the price.

Around the Network

I agree a price drop would be much better since as MS keeps pointing out is the entree price that matters. Is great to have all the extra but your still paying alot for things you may not want. I mean is obvious it is a good deal but may put off people who don't want to spend that much money at once. Funny thing is SONY criticized MS last year for having bundles as a sign of weakness in the hardware to sell by it self. Similar they criticized the 360 for having multiple price points. I hate to take a stab at the PS3 but it seems next gen started with MS and SONY is just following along. Again great bundle but a price drop would be better.

If they brought that to the U.S. for the holidays and set the price at $399, I'd be on it like a whore on crack. They can keep Heavenly sword, wifi, and the card reader to keep the cost down.

I don't see that happening, though.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I beg to differ, living in Europe I believe that packins are truely better.
I personaly intend to buy one of these I think, but I probably will wait to see if the controllors have rumble or not. I like to have rumble.

Adding Heavenly Sword into the pack will definitely make that pack worth it. The question is though when are they going to release the 80GB PS3 in Europe.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Nice bundle for those who like those games. Personally it doesn't attract me. I would rather have a price drop so that way I have enough money to pick up games that I like.

Edit: I would nominate you Hus as Mod if you stop all fanboys (not only Nintendo ones) comments.