By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Is Metal Gear Solid Overrated?

MGS4 was definitively not overrated. It is the Best Console Game I know except for GT4 / GT5P

Software is like Sex, it is better when it is free!

Around the Network

Funny how all the 360 and Wii fanboys flock to this thread.

But in answer to the question, no it is not overrated. End of.

Killzowned said:
Funny how all the 360 fanboys flock to this thread.

"360 fanboys" = "people who don't like MGS"?

Grow up please.  This thread was started by a guy called LoudHotWhiteBox, where is your indignation at the Sony fanboy who started this thread?  I am a long way from an Xbox fanboy, I'm just sick and tired of people on both sides of the mindless console argument talking shit about anyone with a different opinion like they're some kind of retard.

I hate to break it to you, but some guy on a forum named "Killzowned" is in no position to declare any discussion over.

Those games are some of the best around.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

(never played MGS4)

I would agree that MGS1 >> MGS2/3

for several reason but particularly for these ones :

- fews gameplay evolution
- poor boss identity/background (outside Ocelot, The End, and The Boss)
The Fear worst MGS boss ever in term of identity/background
- too complex story in MGS2

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Probably was over-rated. But its easier to talk about such things now than at the time of release for MGS4.

Tease.

Killzowned said:

Funny how all the 360 and Wii fanboys flock to this thread.

Well, I, for one, wouldn't really see myself as a fanboy just because I don't own a PS3, considering I have quite a large library of PS2-games, including MGS2 and 3. MGS4 really is a massive disappointment to me.

Simply no

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

No I don't believe so. All the games have sold well and had great critical acclaim. And most people that have played the games seem to like them.

calling something overrated (or underrated) is an opinion of many opinions.

therefore agreeing or not with the opinion of these opinion is in itself pretty pointless.

So I won't comment other than to say that it is my opinion that this opinion of opinions might either be correct or incorrect; depending on your opinion.

fact: I enjoyed the game

Proud Sony Rear Admiral