By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April NPD: DS Breaks a Million, PS2 Beats PS3

April NPD: DS breaks a million, PS2 beats PS3

Everything old is new again. The DS makes a resurgence thanks to camera-enhanced DSi, while the PS2 makes substantial gains thanks to its price drop. Pfft? Current gen hardware? That's so passé. We can't wait until the N64 and Dreamcast surge back onto the NPD lists.

- DS:
1.04M477K (+85%)
- Wii: 340K261K (-43%)
- Xbox 360: 175K155K (-47%)
- PS2: 172K60K (+87%)
- PS3: 127K91K (-42%)
- PSP: 116K52K (-31%)
See the software charts after the break. Warning! The list will feature some very old games.
Top 10 Games of April 2009

1. Wii Fit - Wii - Nintendo - 471K
  2. Pokemon Platinum - DS - Nintendo - 433K
  3. Mario Kart Wii - Wii - Nintendo - 210K
  4. Wii Play - Wii - Nintendo - 170K
  5. The Godfather II - 360 - EA - 155K
  6. Resident Evil 5 - 360 - Capcom - 122K
  7. New Super Mario Bros. - DS - Nintendo - 119K
  8. Mario Kart DS - DS - Nintendo - 112K
  9. Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 360 - Activision - 110K
  10. The Godfather II - PS3 - EA - 91K

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Wow @ the PS2 numbers.

three Wii and three 360 titles in the top 10.

I think all systems performed decently considering the current state of the economy. The DS and PS2 are the obvious top dogs for the month of April.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

jcp234 said:
Wow @ the PS2 numbers.

I think all systems performed decently considering the current state of the economy. The DS and PS2 are the obvious top dogs for the month of April.

lol the ps2 may have gone up in sales but it wasnt in 2nd, wii and 360 still remain king and prince lol. :)

still nice numbers, even tho i doubt the slim ps3 beign true a huge portion of me belives it (ps1 came out 5 years after the psone, ps2 came out 4 years after the playstation 2 and now it looks like the PS3 will come out 3 years be4 the playstation 3) sales will go up quite a bit

ps2 outsold ps3? still?

EDIT: Oh wait never mind, i forgot about the price cut.

PS2 vs 360 lmao. Sony POWA.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

OUCH!! @ PSP.. That baby is dead

Gearbox said:
jcp234 said:
Wow @ the PS2 numbers.

lol the ps2 may have gone up in sales but it wasnt in 2nd, wii and 360 still remain king and prince lol. :)

still nice numbers, even tho i doubt the slim ps3 beign true a huge portion of me belives it (ps1 came out 5 years after the psone, ps2 came out 4 years after the playstation 2 and now it looks like the PS3 will come out 3 years be4 the playstation 3) sales will go up quite a bit

Trust me, on this site, I am a firm supporter of the 360 (I admit there is a little bias), but I consider the PS2 to be the top dog for April because it's a console from the previous generation selling on par with the 360. I know the PS2 is priced very competitively, but I think it's a good showing. Technically, the DS and Wii are the top dogs, but the Wii has not been selling the way we are accustom to seeing. That was the only reason behind my logic, but I see your point also.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

who else here thinks sony saw that the ps2 outsold it,s bigger brother the ps3 and is close to the 360 in sale for the month of april and the shareholders all jumped up and shouted ps2 vs the 360 SONY POWA?hahahahaha really.whatever floats the boat,

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

PS2 wut? XD

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Serious_frusting said:
PS2 vs 360 lmao. Sony POWA.

I'm sure Sony is really happy with PS2 being its best selling hardware for April. At least 360 outsold PS2, something PS3 and PSP can't do.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.