By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So...I finally have an HDTV... and...

I can't play on SD anymore. Tried at a friend's and it was awful. You can never go back.

Around the Network
ookaze said:
Of course plasmas are still far better than LCD. 

^That's when I stopped reading your post as your obviously living a few years behind, LCD caught up with plasma last year and now easily matches and in many cases surpass it in picture quality, a lot of companies are slowly starting to sell and manufactor more LCD screens than plasma as that is where the demand is,

Have a look at some of the new LCD models, then check reviews, then compare to plasma models and you will see which one's are getting better reviews/comments, certainly isn't plasma lol,

And yeah, SD looks fantastic on my LCD HD screen (built in freeview, sky sd, dvd, ps2/dc etc), the wii still looks pants though, just looks stretched and blurry and i've seen them on plasmas and they look just the same, the wii isn't made for hd screens hence the poor picture compared to other consoles but picture quality isn't the reason to own a wii anyway lol,

The plasma market is shrinking. Pioneer recently annouced there going to stop making plasma tv's soon. Pioneer currently has the best plasma tv (Kuro)

rckrz6 said:

The plasma market is shrinking. Pioneer recently annouced there going to stop making plasma tv's soon. Pioneer currently has the best plasma tv (Kuro)

Proves my point about the plasma market decline,

Pioneer are superb for tv's, I know they said they are developing LCD/LED screens soon though so should be cool.

OLED will take over LCD in the comming years

Around the Network

Isn't there concerns about the reliability of oled at the moment though?

Im sure they will work out the kinks,   but as of right now its not affordable for the average consumer.

a 11" oled 480p tv cost $2500 at best buy

FKNetwork said:

Currently the lifespan of OLED is alot shorter than LCD or LED, but that's being improved. But I think the numbers are somethin like it'll last 3 years instead of 6, not sure though. Either way, nows not the time to buy OLED, prices are too high for tech that isn't fully developed.

Theo said:
FKNetwork said:

Currently the lifespan of OLED is alot shorter than LCD or LED, but that's being improved. But I think the numbers are somethin like it'll last 3 years instead of 6, not sure though. Either way, nows not the time to buy OLED, prices are too high for tech that isn't fully developed.

Product life is measured in hours.  Current LCD's last like 60,000 hours

I have a 26' Visio which is nice. Will get a Sony Bravo soon.