By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any confirmation of Modern Warfare 2 Wii?

Unless it's a really really really really really great game for story co-op and local multiplayer on the 360, I'm not buying this game. Only buying it if it's on the Wii.

Around the Network
SlumsofOhio said:
No, GI shows that the game is in Development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. There was no mention of any Wii version in GameInformer.

But was there any specific mention against it? Depending on the language, they were just previewing the high-end version, or outright confirming its platforms. Mostly its just the media outlets assuming this, and there hasn't (to my knowledge) been anyone who came out and said "Modern Warfare 2 is not in development for Wii"

@ wfz

You'll be disappointed, as Infinity Ward confirmed no co-op for the game, due to concerns with the story

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It sounds like something potentially Ninty might want to announce at E3 so that is the only reason I could think of it not being announced yet. Of course, if it isn't announced there, then obviously it isn't coming.

Really I don't see a necessity, as of now, for Activision to bring the game to Wii or any other platform than the 3 mentioned. However, they do run the risk that if they don't bring it over that they may never be able to establish a popular brand that is COD on the Wii userbase. With that they have potential to greatly increase sales but once again this is bonus not a necessity to break even.

I personally would think that Activision would want to try and stretch the brand. However, I'm not entirely sure Infinity War has the capabilities to develop a game on the Wii. They would probably have to outsource it to another developer... possibly Treyarch. So that's what I see as the main problem. Infinity Ward just may not have the abilities to put the game on the Wii while developing on the other platforms.

I guess your avatar will reflect how you would feel if the games doesn't come to Wii.
I've a feeling it will, however. I don't think any consoles have been officially announced, but everyone knows the game is coming to PS360 & PC. We have to wait for the 24th to know for sure, hopefully.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I would likely buy it if it did.

Around the Network

So I take it no one has any inside information? Outside of the GI spread of the HD versions.

Mr Khan said:
SlumsofOhio said:
No, GI shows that the game is in Development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. There was no mention of any Wii version in GameInformer.

But was there any specific mention against it? Depending on the language, they were just previewing the high-end version, or outright confirming its platforms. Mostly its just the media outlets assuming this, and there hasn't (to my knowledge) been anyone who came out and said "Modern Warfare 2 is not in development for Wii"

@ wfz

You'll be disappointed, as Infinity Ward confirmed no co-op for the game, due to concerns with the story

There is Co-op, in the form of Special Forces mode. The idea came from the Mile High Club level in CoD4. But no co-op story.

And as for everything else. Based on the GI magazine, if there is a Wii version, its not close to being done, and Infinity Ward is not doing it.

So I take it no one has any inside information? Outside of the GI spread of the HD versions.

Well, there's on guy on the boards who says he's spoken to people 'inside' he knows.
He says the Wii is getting MW2. I think I believe him. ;/

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

rckrz6 said:
If you really want to play all the shooters buy a ps3/xbox.

Sorry for breaking the OP rules :-p

or if he really wants to play the good ones, get a PC >.>;