By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA developing new games console!

gergroy said:
antfromtashkent said:
Xen said:
Interesting article... but I call BS on them releasing it... ever. Mainly because they have no exclusies for it. Everyhting they've developed, they released. They haven't held any games back for their own console - which they can't support with the current competition/economic status... which is another reason.

Valkyria Chronicles 2
Crazy Taxi
Shenmue 3
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic (something or other)
Soul Calibur
Jet Set Radio
A lot of others.....

They have been holding back Shenmue 3 for something.....

soul calibur is made by namco and none of the others are huge sellers.  The only big franchise that sega still has is sonic (sadly enough).  Sega would have to do a lot of sweet talking to developers to make this work, because their franchises aren't enough to support a system, as we saw with the dream cast. 

Nintendo might be able to get away with it (gamecube), but sega would need to mend a lot of bridges to make this work.

ok ok ok gawd... yes i confused it with a sega game cause of the original... but once again im not saying that this rumour (if you wanna call it that) is likelly.... im just saying it is posible...

Around the Network

I still say SEGA is the one company best poised to build a competitor to the Wii's successor, with Ubisoft not too far behind.

Doubt this is true, but its not impossible

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sega Sammy

What a camp name

If only this were true... I would be soooo happy...

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

I really think Sega should team up with microsoft.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
I really think Sega should team up with microsoft.

They did that with the DreamCast.....

Think about it guys. Why haven't there been any good 3D Sonic games since the Adventure series? Because they're purposely not making any so they can realease good Sonic games on their own console. The word of mouth about a good 3D Sonic game will sell millions of these consoles alone. It's a conspiracy.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

@Zizzla_Rachet

Cool. It would be so awesome to see Segabox in Japan. It might do a lot better. :)

The problem with Sega is that if everything goes tits up (like what happen with the dreamcast), Sega will just pull the plug on supporting the console.  Sega have a history of it and I think game makers will be worried about making games for it just incase that does happen.  But I hope Sega have learned from their passed mistakes.

Another point I like to make is that...  Sony with all thier money problems still supports a console that does not make or makes little profit and sony have a good history of supporting their consoles for years to come.

PC gaming rules.....

I dont see why they wouldn't be able to release a console financially.
Sega is not sony, they dont spend billions on making CPUs. They would use off the shelf parts and could probably come out something that is as xbox360 powerful for under 200 bucks.

Now that Wii demonstarted that visuals and console power do not mean great sales, any company out there can make a console for sale.

Getting the support of the retail community however will be next to impossible for a company like sega. they could probably get their consoles in specific stores but Bestbuy and Circuit City would never pick them up for sale...