By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think Zelda is not for me

I´m having two of my worst experience in gaming with Ocarina of time and Twilight Princess, yu complete a dungeon and you need to guess where to go next because the game dont tell you, the dungeons are friggin labyrinth and I HATE labyrinth I think Zelda in 3D is simply not for me because I didn´t have a problem with Phantom Hourglass and it was my first Zelda game.

Around the Network

And Zelda 2D is less of a labyrinth.. :P

Besides PH, that's basically what Zelda games are. Of course I'm still debating whether or not to take this thread seriously, considering the manner it was made in.

I am sorry PH was your first Zelda game. To me PH sucks. Wind Waker best Zelda ever. Also Okami is the best Zelda clone ever made. Also as tpam said 2D games are the same as 3D.

yeah zelda isn't for some people and that's ok....as you most likely already know you can get hints from the fairy (OOT) and Midna (TTP) to help guide you along......if that hasn't been working you can resort to a strategy guide (although I advise against it because i think it takes some of the fun out of the game, but if your stuck anyway its better than wandering around not knowing where to go)....and yes maybe 3d zelda isn't for you and as said above that is fine....try playing the nes games and A Link to the Past......all are great fun

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

huh, oot and tp were easier than some of the 2d ones because they actually give you help via your little fairy companion.

Try the original zelda if you want hard.

Around the Network

Is it ironic that I think Twilight Princess held your hand through the whole game and was worse for having done it? Seriously, if you read all the text I don't see how you wouldn't know where to go. For the first half of the game you can only go where you're supposed to go. If Phantom Hourglass is your favourite Zelda game, you don't like Zelda games, that's for sure.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

TP is pretty linear for the most part unless you want to unlock all the secrets, OoT is a little more confusing towards the end but you should be able to figure it out.

Of course the game tells you, maybe not directly. Maybe you don't understand what the game tells you, it's not a problem of the game, but the player.

"He who dislikes Zelda will face the wrath of God."

- Paul, Chapter 18, verse 2

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I actually feel sorry for you. =(

One unable to enjoy the greatness that is Zelda... that's gotta suck.

Zelda has held your hand on most occasions starting with Ocarina of Time...it's the 2D ones that are riddles, and since their dungeons are less detailed they are the only ones that are labrynthine.

You must not be using any of the available resources in the games...LoZ and AoL are the only 2 games that don't give you a hint of where to go next.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"