By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many users on these boards actually support "The Theory of Evolution"?

New Zealand - Evolution. Its the only theory for the existence of complex life on Earth with any significant evidence behind it.

@OP. Superchunk stated he believes in evolution I think, also MakingMusic's post was slightly ambiguous as to whether he believed in evolution but it seemed like he was saying that he does.

From what I could see both were saying that they believe that God created evolution to guide the development of life - thats still belief in evolution.

Around the Network

Actually, I'm pretty sure that intelligent design isn't a theory, it's a hypothesis. I dunno, I'll go and have a look.

highwaystar101 said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that intelligent design isn't a theory, it's a hypothesis. I dunno, I'll go and have a look.

Intelligent design is a theory, just not a scientific one.

But yeah, in science its purely hypothetical.

USA-Evolution

My daughter is my world.

highwaystar101 said:

i allways thought that for something to be a theory, it had to have a scientific basis

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
highwaystar101 said:

i allways thought that for something to be a theory, it had to have a scientific basis

Technically it could have a scientifc basis. But seeing as their is no way of testing the idea that has been successful, but ways of testing have been proposed, so From a scientific standpoint it is still a hypothesis I believe.

Evolution. Australia.

The idea that a magical ghost took less than a week to make the world out of well wishes, pixie dust and homophobia is just plain silly.

UK, evolution.

I live in Sweden.
Like most swedes, I am convinced Evolution is a very good way to explain life.

This is invisible text!

Canada - Evolution Theory