By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Sniper update for Team Fortress 2!

I agree. It's horrible. If I don't get my items today, I don't know what I'll do. It's just terrible. Imagine getting an item on the 24th instead of the 21st. Can it be any worse?

I play TF2 a lot. As in, far too much. This system is just fine, honestly. It may be that I, personally, would rather just play the game than run around complaining you have no items.

If you REALLY want those items, wanna know what to do? Sit in spec on an empty (VAC) server. You'll get a fair bit of items overnight.

That is really the same as an achievement server, and it works just fine (not that I have done it, but my clanmates have)

When I write Fact: in one part of the post, and opinion: (or a similar word), it's not because I can then say "my opinion can't be wrong". It is to inform what part is pure facts, and which part I try to draw a conclusion in.

Around the Network

The new system is totally fubar. I really hope valve fixes it.  I don't like the idea of it being totally and completely random.  Some people will get 4 hats + 2 new weapons in an hour or two, and most other people (myself included) only end up with 2 nataschas, a sandvich, a blutsauger, and 2 razorbacks after a dozen hours or more.

Why not just give everyone the weapons as soon as the update hits?

It's like "We're releasing an update with new weapons, but BWAHAHAHA, you can't use them!"

Jarate is awesome

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Yes!!! I love Valve!!

Team Fortress 2

• Added Sniper/Spy milestone achievements as an additional way players can get the new unlockables
  • Arena Mode
    • Added tf_arena_use_queue server convar. Turn this on to get the old queue behavior. Default is off
    • Added tf_arena_round_time to set a timelimit on the round
  • Added the userid of the player who built the teleporter to the "player_teleported" event
  • Fixed player killed event causing server crash
  • Fixed Spies not being telefragged when standing on an enemy teleporter exit with the Dead Ringer enabled
  • Fixed attackers seeing the mini-crit particle effect for full crits if the victim has the Jarate effect enabled
  • Fixed the Ambassador not doing damage to buildings
  • Fixed Spies disguised as their own team not drawing blood effects
  • Fixed players killed by flaming arrows not showing the appropriate death icon

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I'm happy now!

I already had all the unlocks of the previous classes before the random system so it's annoying that I've only found two new things (huntsman and razorback).

It was also annoying to see that I have 19 of the spy achievements yet none of the unlocks.

Around the Network

They could have done the milestones sooner...

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Well done Valve you fixed something that was broken and I got all my spy unlocks.

I randomly got the Spy watch today. I don't have an achievements for either Spy/Sniper. Hell I haven't been able to play since December until yesterday really. So I don't even have scout weaps yet.

What I was getting from reading the posts is that you can get the weapons from the milestones and from finding them randomly?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
I randomly got the Spy watch today. I don't have an achievements for either Spy/Sniper. Hell I haven't been able to play since December until yesterday really. So I don't even have scout weaps yet.

What I was getting from reading the posts is that you can get the weapons from the milestones and from finding them randomly?

Yep.

I had a lot of fun with the cloak and dagger yesterday. It doesn't say it in the item description, but it feels like it drains faster when you're running at your top speed compared to the speed the normal watch uses it's juice when activated so you have to be more careful about your location and trying to find a place to take cover to let the meter recharge.

I sometimes want to load up some MGS music while playing the spy.