By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Sniper update for Team Fortress 2!

new death animations =o

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

Sweet, it's finally here!

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Not liking how badly they fucked up the game...

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

its bout time

Spies can now use enemy teleporters....

How interesting....

Around the Network

darn that new drop system

gummyfish said:
darn that new drop system

im gonna go grind on heavies for a couple of levels

b> demoman's fro

Wow... some of those updates makes spys even nastier. Like the random disguise... woo boy.

Also.... why would they make it so you can delete items you've earned... to NEVER get them back.  That seems... stupid.

And just an accident waiting to happen.

You can get items you delete back. They'll quite simply drop again.

It's harder to counter the spy now, but I'm not sure if the spy is really all that much more effective. The spy is now more of an overall thread (whereas it previously was more of a threat mainly to the defensive classes), and thus everybody is likely to spycheck.

I have some hands-on experience with the razorback, but nothing else. It feels quite good actually, and it saved my life quite a few times. For better snipers though, it won't help a lot. But on the other hand, those snipers can also defend themselves fine with just the sniper rifle and Kukri. The -15% speed is a bit too much though.

Overall; with the rifle (not the bow) it is a good replacement for certain maps, like attack on dustbowl. It's more of a training wheel to becomming a good sniper, and the top-notch snipers are likely to just ignore it.

My feeling with the Bow & Arrow is that it is rather useless. As a sniper, I tore all of the ones who used it apart. You need to stay out of enemy rifle range to be useable.

When I write Fact: in one part of the post, and opinion: (or a similar word), it's not because I can then say "my opinion can't be wrong". It is to inform what part is pure facts, and which part I try to draw a conclusion in.

They snuck in a day 9 confirming hats are in this update