By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Limit to FFXIII on PS3

In a Simpson-esque moment, I'd like to personally say "HA HA!!" to those waiting for FFXIII on the Xbox 360 and to tell those still upset that it is going multiplatform not to worry. According to Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase, the Xbox 360 version of the game will be stripped down to compensate for lack of storage on the DVD9 media. Whereas a key feature on th ePS3 version will be the ability to choose either Japanese (for those of us who want a more 'authentic' experience) or English voice over, it appears that only English will be available in the Xbox 360 version.

Thanks to Blu-Ray, this will not be a limitation. Kitase-san had this to say:

"Obviously, when we talk about XIII it's for PS3 and Xbox – with PS3 being on Blu ray there would be enough memory, but on Xbox probably not," said Kitase. "At the moment we're thinking of releasing the voice in English only. Are there many people who would like to play with Japanese voices?"

It makes one wonder what else they may have to compromise on for the multiplatform version...

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2932/no-limit-to-ffxiii-on-ps3/

Hmmm, tell me what you guys think?

DISCUSSSSSSSSSS

Around the Network

*sigh* i return to the chartz with a new flame war and dup thread thats about to start...

Gotta love the chartz. :P ima go back to Neogaf and Gamespot nao. xD

I think this kid should grow the fuck up.

Thats almost as insignificant as the ff13 demo not coming to NA or EU because of the 360.........

Why this all of a sudden? Did nightmares of lasts year shocker come back to you?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Duplicate thread
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=72231

Around the Network

well the things that will be saddened down are as follows.

*no japaneese voice
*lower quality cgi videos
*quality of audio will surely have to be lowered as that takes a bunch of space
*background textures might be stripped

not a right lot really, it will still be the same game at the end of the day.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I would seriously not care for Japanese voices. I would play in English anyway, don't know about you guys.

This has been posted at least twice already.... Still if the Demo alone was 5 GB how big do you think the entire game is? I wonder if this game could be DLC only for 360.

why would i care if a game comes with the option to hear it in a language I can't understand?