By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Steel 2 motion plus only. Will it succeed without add-on bundle?

I'm sure it will come with a bundle and likely to have a non-bundled version as well.

If you don't believe me look at ExciteBots.

Around the Network

1 million LDT imo.

Well WM+ is gonna be sold seperately anyway, so it's not like you'd NEED to buy one of the games it comes bundled with. Although a RS2 WM+ bundle would be sweet, and would sort of make sense, seeing how most people will need more than one WM+ anyway.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

stof said:
I've said like crazy before that it will come with a bundle. I don't have time to link to my thread about it right now, but It's pretty damned determined right now.

And no hisiru, Shaun White was not Balanceboard only.

Shaun White wasn't balance board only, but the balance board is sure as hell the reason why it sold a million.

Red Steel 2 should do a million, too. Just as long as it delivers on its gameplay promise and comes with a decent amount of content.

@ thetonestarr

I'm not sure if it makes a difference to you, but Ubi says they're emphasizing the swordfighting over the gunfighting, so it'll be more of a first-person action game than an FPS.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

EssosDeeos said:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/red-steel-2-motionplus-only

Does this mean that RS2 is reliant on buyers for Grand Slam Tennis & WSR to want to buy a different genre. Hope not.

Does this mean you've completely forgotten the Motion+ will be sold on its own?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
EssosDeeos said:

Does this mean that RS2 is reliant on buyers for Grand Slam Tennis & WSR to want to buy a different genre. Hope not.

No, but it could be seen as a barrier to sales.

Maybe next time you could go for a discussion rather than beating people down which you always seem to do with your posts.

LordTheNightKnight said:
EssosDeeos said:

Still, I'm sure that the Creative Director of the title, who describes releasing the title as a "huge risk" will sleep better if he reads your comment. Maybe read the link next time - he says that he sees the success of the title linked to the market penetration of WM+

EssosDeeos said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
EssosDeeos said:

No, but it could be seen as a barrier to sales.

Maybe next time you could go for a discussion rather than beating people down which you always seem to do with your posts.

In his defense, you did say Red Steel 2 is reliant on people buying Grand Slame Tennis and WSR, not RS2 is reliant on people buying Grand Slam Tennis, WSR, or a WM+.

twesterm said:
I'm sure it will come with a bundle and likely to have a non-bundled version as well.

If you don't believe me look at ExciteBots.

Wait, Excitebots has a partial Wheel bundle?

Interesting.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I didn't say that, did I? I asked IF it was reliant.