By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Steel 2 motion plus only. Will it succeed without add-on bundle?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/red-steel-2-motionplus-only

Does this mean that RS2 is reliant on buyers for Grand Slam Tennis & WSR to want to buy a different genre. Hope not.

Around the Network
EssosDeeos said:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/red-steel-2-motionplus-only

Does this mean that RS2 is reliant on buyers for Grand Slam Tennis & WSR to want to buy a different genre. Hope not.

Back then on the N64 "Perfect Dark" needed the Expansion Pack to play it and wasn't bundled with it either. Well and we all now it turned out to be a million seller...

I'm getting WSR and red steel 2 :) But in general, if WSR sales are like wii play sales, they have nothing to worry about. And if sales would be low, they could still bundle it, if Nintendo allows them

RS2 is definitely a hardcore game.... all Wii hardcore gamers will have WM+.... so no the potential buyers that are left out are few...
I'm not saying it'll sell, I'm saying all potential buyers won't be affected by this.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I know that many "hardcore" players will have it, but ALL of them, and everyone who buys RS2 will have WSR? Hmm, not sure. I think it would be a mistake not bundling M+ with RS2.

Around the Network

I'm still not sure I'm going to touch RS2. I'm waiting to see opinions first. Single-player-only first-person shooters don't tend to interest me.

However, on-topic, I don't see that being an issue either. It may hinder sales marginally, but definitely only that - it won't be a big downer.

SW-5120-1900-6153

-Tiger woods with motion plus is one of the 100 most pre ordered games.

-Shaun White Snowboarding is not "balance board only"? (i am not so sure) It sold 1 million.

Don't have a reason for Red Steel 2 don't succeed. Motion plus will be very cheap, and also will have a lot of game that includes the motion plus

I've said like crazy before that it will come with a bundle. I don't have time to link to my thread about it right now, but It's pretty damned determined right now.

And no hisiru, Shaun White was not Balanceboard only.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Definitely greatly heightens the possibility of a bundle edition. though they'll have to be very careful about marketing the non-bundled edition (like a big red button that says Motion Plus Required or something)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think it would've been wise/nice to bundle Red Steel 2 with the WM+. I mean, you're going to need a couple of them anyway, so why not buy some WM+'s you get some games with?

But I think it'll sell. WM+ attach rate should get pretty high, and most people who'll buy Red Steel 2 I quess will be informed gamers who know you can't play the game without a WM+.