By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes Gets a US Publisher- Ubisoft, it's coming out in February

http://wii.ign.com/articles/821/821117p1.html

Ubisoft on Wednesday revealed exclusively to IGN that it has picked up the rights to publish the anticipated Wii action game No More Heroes in North America. The title will release stateside next February, just two months after the Japanese ship date.

It's getting closer and closer :) 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I'm glad it doesn't come out till Feb. That gives me some time to play Super Mario Galaxy and the other 10 games I want during the Holidays!

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play

Is this game like Killer 7...in that you don't really have control of your character...or is it more like a traditional game, but with that art style?

@super_etecoon,

Yes, it is more traditional than on-rails, not that there was anything wrong with that for Killer 7.

Yeah. I just saw the trailer, and noticed it was Ubisoft publishing.

Good to know it will make it stateside.

So what prompted the third party to add No More Heroes to its portfolio? It wasn't a difficult decision, according to Ubisoft's vice president of marketing, Tony Key, who chatted with IGN Wii on the subject. "For Ubisoft, it was a perfect match up. Suda 51 and the developers at Grasshopper Manufacture are extremely talented and creative and what they have developed specifically for the Wii is an incredibly unique game for a mature audience," he said. "Ubisoft is bringing the title to the North American market because we believe there is a viable market for mature games on the Wii platform - an audience that has been underserved up to now."

Always good to hear.

Around the Network

I really love the artstyle and uniqueness of this game... I might rent it. It's quite violent tough... =/

Suda 51 himself has in the past promised that No More Heroes would be just as violent as Manhunt 2.

Also, isn't No More Heroes supposed to be playable at TGS? I would like to get some hands-on impressions.

Don, I believe I read somewhere that it will be playable at TGS. If this game is 1/2 the game that Killer 7 is, it's gonna be one hell of a ride. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

^That you can fully control...

Found this at Wikipedia...to support DonWii's response

Unlike Killer7, the player will control Travis only. The game will have a free roaming world similar to Grand Theft Auto. Travis can move around either on foot, or on his motorcycle, the "Schpel Tiger." He can also ride in any other vehicle, though he is unable to steal them. Like GTA, the gameplay is open-ended, but the player will have to kill the top 10 assassins in order for the storyline to progress. Numerous side quests also exist to gain additional weapons and make money, such as trash pick-up, a part time job as a stamper, and even jobs such as human bowling. Travis will have a wide range of swords available to him. The player will also level up through experience points, but the exact details have not been revealed.

Now I'm definitely excited for this game.  For me its the first big game of next year (that has been confirmed) that I'm looking forward to.